Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

In a selfish way, I really hope they carry tickets over to 2021. 

Nothing selfish about it, I would expect it to happen if I didn't have a ticket. Nobody misses out this year, because there is no festival to be held. Is one way to look at it!

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

I am probably going to sound out of touch here but who is it?

He looks like the bastard son of Steve Martiy and John Bercow.

Hes from the fyre festival documentary. He declared quite honestly that he was prepared to suck an individuals dick in Hope's of saving the festival.

Literally been a really horrible year. I came home from Glastonbury 2019 to find that my apartment had sat flooded for about a week, most of my stuff was ruined, I spent a month and a half living on couches, while still paying rent. Hadn't recovered financially yet, and now a couple of weeks ago I get laid off from a job I loved, with coworkers I loved.

This was the 1 thing I was looking forward to. A real fucking bummer. 

1 minute ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Someone made a good suggestion they have balance week as normal but really it is just who elects a refund of the deposit and who wants to the ticket. Helps with their cash flow.

I believe Glasto have built up a contingency fund in the last decade or so - plus they should be able to claim on insurance now - so they shouldn't be in dire financial straits.

I'm not sure paying in full now is a good plan. It preferences the people who can afford to have money tied up for a year, and in a time when huge numbers are losing their jobs.

6 minutes ago, Cheddar Valley said:

I live 10 mins from site.  I'm driving down, sitting by stone circle and having a Thatchers.  Dreaming of what would/should have been!

Mate, I'm not far away, and would fully join you if I wasn't emergency services on duty very early in the morning!

With you in spirit 🙂

1 minute ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Feel the same. A 40 year old scouser, music lover. never seen a Beatle perform. Devo’d.

Gutted about McCartney too. Though I think the lineup will end up staying fairly similar due to most tours getting cancelled, probably throughout this whole year. 

Next year will still be a “big one” for the festival, maybe even bigger than ever now.