Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I thought after seeing Taylor's messages earlier about taking the virus threat seriously she couldn't then go out on tour for the summer. 

Her mum has cancer so obviously she won’t want to take the risk.

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

I thought after seeing Taylor's messages earlier about taking the virus threat seriously she couldn't then go out on tour for the summer. 

Right. In many ways, if the festival had decided to go ahead regardless, it would have been much more heartbreaking.

Absolutely devastated. Words can’t comprehend. This year has been a total fucking write-off. Who’d have thought a virus would be the reason I wouldn’t go to Glastonbury. Not in a million years. 

if they cancel tickets too that will be horrendous. Praying. Crossing everything tickets carry over. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

I know why a lot of people want their tix to carry over, but why is it morally right?

It is morally right because people won their lottery, took time off work to book, some people will have waited 10 years or more to get tickets who had been previously unsuccessful, they fairly won their ticket, etc. etc.

Those who were lucky shouldn't be penalised for something out of their control but which can 100% be honoured.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Hannah_lucy said:

Thoughts on when this will be officially announced :(

I can’t imagine it will be too long until it’s announced given two members of the wider Eavis family appear to have leaked the news on social media...

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Unless they want to give themselves more time to think about the ticket situation, which would be fair enough, it’s a big decision.

We MAY get an announcement saying about it being cancelled ending with “information on 2020 tickets to come in the coming days/weeks” etc.

To be fair to the festival they probably have a million things to sort.

What has been the approach for other cancelled events? 

3 minutes ago, JezzaBelle said:

It is morally right because people won their lottery, took time off work to book, some people will have waited 10 years or more to get tickets who had been previously unsuccessful, they fairly won their ticket, etc. etc.

Those who were lucky shouldn't be penalised for something out of their control but which can 100% be honoured.

I just feel Emily will say “we want to be fair to all”

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am probably going to sound out of touch here but who is it?

He looks like the bastard son of Steve Martiy and John Bercow.

He sucked off some government official, so they would release bottles of water held at customs for Fyre festival. (That’s the crude way to answer)

edit: stand corrected, he didn’t do it.

Edited by Andy0808 v5