Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

Just now, ModernMan said:

Haha! I am devastated like everyone else but I must say surprised if they’ve taken the decision so early. We don’t know all the ins and outs of money but I just thought they may give it until at least the balance payment. 

May very well have been out of their hands if enough artists start pulling out. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd already lost taylor and kendrick.

It really does matter to many thousands and for myriad reasons, however, there is no blame and the Eavis family must make the best business call.

The only thing I genuinely hope for, and the only step which is morally right, is that those who have tickets for 2020 are given the option to pay their balance in April, so have guaranteed tickets for 2021.

Edited by JezzaBelle
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Hold your horses . Someone else said that there's a multi agency meeting tomorrow. So with what I hear , I really don't know. Sorry for supplying two totally conflicting bits of information.

I am now blaming you for my drinking problem tonight ;)

Probably dotting i's etc

1 minute ago, JezzaBelle said:

It really matter to many thousands and for myriad reasons, however, there is no blame and the Eavis family must make the best business call.

The only thing I genuinely hope for, and the only step which is morally right, is that those who have tickets for 2020 are given the option to pay their balance in April, so have guaranteed tickets for 2021.

I know why a lot of people want their tix to carry over, but why is it morally right?

Just now, Quark said:

I know why a lot of people want their tix to carry over, but why is it morally right?

We've done this over and over in the other thread. The people who already have tickets are much more emotionally and financially invested in it than those that didn't. Even my mates without tickets think it's fairer to carry them over.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Because it’s so hard to get tickets , it would be very harsh on people that did manage to get tickets after years, to then not be able to go. 

It’s in the spirit of Glastonbury that’s 100% sure 

3 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

At least we will know about tickets in the same announcement.

Unless they want to give themselves more time to think about the ticket situation, which would be fair enough, it’s a big decision.

We MAY get an announcement saying about it being cancelled ending with “information on 2020 tickets to come in the coming days/weeks” etc.

To be fair to the festival they probably have a million things to sort.

1 minute ago, bombfrog said:

We've done this over and over in the other thread. The people who already have tickets are much more emotionally and financially invested in it than those that didn't. Even my mates without tickets think it's fairer to carry them over.

Fair point. I'll keep it to the the other thread

4 minutes ago, leonaves said:

May very well have been out of their hands if enough artists start pulling out. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd already lost taylor and kendrick.

I thought after seeing Taylor's messages earlier about taking the virus threat seriously she couldn't then go out on tour for the summer. 

6 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Back on the medication tonight. Cant handle it. It's all I had to look forward to this year.

If you need to talk to anyone please please don't hesitate to message me

Same goes for anyone on here

I won't be able to make it better but can talk about anything at all if that is of any help at all x

It's not what we wanted and it's gunna be a shit summer but if I can help in anyway at all x

• Upvote 8