Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Who wants to be the first brave soul amongst ticket holders to suggest how we change our signatures with “Glastonbury - 2020” in them? 😭

Keep it as tribute to our fallen soldier. Glastonbury 2020 we hardly knew ye.

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just spoke to someone. Told them about this thread and they said that they wouldn't have told me otherwise, but yes, its off. They are pretty central to the organisation. 

Hold your horses . Someone else said that there's a multi agency meeting tomorrow. So with what I hear , I really don't know. Sorry for supplying two totally conflicting bits of information.

Much love to all of you. This is really sad (expected, but doesn't help) news. It's ok to feel absolutely crushed by this. Hold on to the fact that we've got one hell of a 'can you believe that virus thing...' conversation to be had around the cider bus one day.

Just now, chazwwe said:

To everyone that is a regular here. We will be okay and we will all have the best meet up next year. We will be okay. Keep talking to people, find distractions, use this social down time to learn a new skill, watch that show you keep putting off. 

absolutely this ...im trying to work out now what to do .... once I get some confirmation of wage support for next 3 months off ... im going to work something out ... might even make that pangea hat that ive been considering ... 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

To everyone that is a regular here. We will be okay and we will all have the best meet up next year. We will be okay. Keep talking to people, find distractions, use this social down time to learn a new skill, watch that show you keep putting off. 

Next year may not be an option for me which is why I was putting so much on this year. There was a strong chance this would have been my final Glastonbury. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

absolutely this ...im trying to work out now what to do .... once I get some confirmation of wage support for next 3 months off ... im going to work something out ... might even make that pangea hat that ive been considering ... 

Exactly! I might work on an outfit as outlandish as yours for next year! Gonna pick up the guitar which I haven't touched in a few years too. 

But remember everyone, keep talking to people, even if its on here. 

• Like 1

I'd hope they postpone it until later in the year but I don't hold much hope for that. After getting the teaser for what we were expecting lineup wise. Its utterly devastating to know we may not get that now. It was gearing up to be such a fantastic festival. 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Fuck it, I'm going to wear three hats in 2021.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Hold your horses . Someone else said that there's a multi agency meeting tomorrow. So with what I hear , I really don't know. Sorry for supplying two totally conflicting bits of information.

I am completely clueless... what would a meeting with numerous agencies like be about. would this be to look at ways of making it work or just the best way to call it off/postpone it/rollover to next year etc?

5 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

To deliver the bad news? Who knows..

There's 242 people browsing this thread right now though :d

Just now, DareToDibble said:

It’s the hope that kills you. We should know better by now :lol: 

Haha! I am devastated like everyone else but I must say surprised if they’ve taken the decision so early. We don’t know all the ins and outs of money but I just thought they may give it until at least the balance payment. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Back on the medication tonight. Cant handle it. It's all I had to look forward to this year.

Don't know whether this helps or night but I've been thinking about the partying that's going to be done once this is all over. It's going to be like the World Cup, Christmas and everybody's birthdays have all come at once.