Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’m just hoping it wasn’t her that made that post. Facebook isn’t the most secure of social media. 

Until I see an official statement I’m keeping the hope alive. 

I can't fault your optimism pal,  but it's time to start letting it go x

15 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

It might not matter to you, but clearly it does to a lot of people. I'm sure that everyone who is upset about this can retain a sense of perspective on the seriousness of the situation with the virus and the very real threat to people's lives.

So how about we allow people to be upset, and comfort them rather than point out that their priorities are wrong.

I had to have a conversation with my boss today in regards to my position as due to having compromised immune system, I am severely at risk. Have you ever had a conversation about the possibility of your life being at risk from a threat you can't see or hear? Now I am not rich, I do not have money put away so I can ride this out. I don't ever have any gas as the battery on my meter has failed and Eon can't get out to see me till tomorrow.

Yet life is the most important thing, you only get one go at it. As sad as you are at the festival being cancelled, in the grand scheme of things it is not important in the slightest. Keeping as many people safe and alive is the important thing.

Cancelling the festival now is sensible and a courageous decision. They have done it with peoples welfare in mind and that should be applauded.

Now  you can sit there and moan all you want if thats what you want to do. If you need comforting because a music festival has been cancelled when there are thousands of people dying around the world then I do not know what to say to you really.

What we need is people pulling together, being sensible and doing what ever needs to done so that we can get through this and get back on the farm as quickly as possible.

You may not agree but I think its the time for action, not for wallowing in self pity over a music festival.

Edited by eastynh
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

I can only hope that the rains in Pilton over June 24-28th are so biblical that it makes 2007 and 2016 seem like they were held in a dustbowl.

The rain gods/law of averages (*delete as appropriate, depending on your beliefs) can then spare 2021 and onwards to the next fallow year.

It was a shitstorm during the fallow year in 2012. Praise be. 

Just now, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Just spoke to someone. Told them about this thread and they said that they wouldn't have told me otherwise, but yes, its off. They are pretty central to the organisation. 

All the stalwarts coming into play. This is happening.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I didn’t attend in 2019.

I can’t believe that when I return to Glastonbury (2021 permitting) I will have had a four year fucking break.

Same boat. Was personally more focused on going to the 50th than last year, but it just feels like a really really long time now. 

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

A million times this. And how about Worthy View? What will the glamping places do now? We’ll get there in time I guess.

im still in the camp of its not over til its done, but never hurts to discuss the scenarios.

My opinion is fuck the glamping companies. Give a flying shit. Rip off merchants.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2