Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

Cant believe how unbelievably devastated I am.  I know it makes no sense as there are more important things to be worrying about at the minute, but I am genuinely so sad about this.  A month ago I had everyone on here telling me how great the build up is, and all of the amazing threads to look forward to ... and instead  all I have had was the bloody corona threads which I never really participated in as I was clinging onto blind hope.  I have spent £2k on this so far which I will not get back, and yet strangely the loss of that does not even really register with me at the moment - all I can think about is the fact I will now not be walking through the gates for the first time this June. 2020 is now such a write off.  ☹️

• Like 1

I can only hope that the rains in Pilton over June 24-28th are so biblical that it makes 2007 and 2016 seem like they were held in a dustbowl.

The rain gods/law of averages (*delete as appropriate, depending on your beliefs) can then spare 2021 and onwards to the next fallow year.

Edited by MoilyX
  • Upvote 1

I feel incredibly sad - our lives as we know it are changing to a level I can’t comprehend. I feel for the business‘ that rely on the festival circuit, the traders, the infrastructure etc. this is profound. Especially say a couple who took the risk to start a food stall. My partner has been told he is to be made redundant on 31st March. Luckily I’m still employed. But there must be many many households out there losing all of their income in one swoop. 

I can’t get my head around all of this! 

Seems very sudden....given the festival is 3 months away...3 months ago this virus didn’t even exist?! Read somewhere today that they’re expecting case number to start falling in 3 weeks....

Devastated if it is true. However, given the job losses/financial implications this has caused, its important to try and find perspective. 

Priority tickets for next year would soften the blow massively 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m just hoping it wasn’t her that made that post. Facebook isn’t the most secure of social media. 

Until I see an official statement I’m keeping the hope alive. 

Someone hacking a not very well known daughter of the festival organiser seems... a leap 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m just hoping it wasn’t her that made that post. Facebook isn’t the most secure of social media. 

Until I see an official statement I’m keeping the hope alive. 

I have been quietly trying to remain optimistic but have now sadly accepted it (deep down I knew it would come to this)

Your unflinching optimism is to be admired 😄

4 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

PLEASE LET ME KEEP MY TICKET

A million times this. And how about Worthy View? What will the glamping places do now? We’ll get there in time I guess.

im still in the camp of its not over til its done, but never hurts to discuss the scenarios.

Edited by Suprefan