Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

8 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

@eFestivals I am happy for this thread and my post on the CV thread to be taken down until we get official word. 

For clarity - upvoted because you're being so kind and calm about all of this.

We know that you brought the information here out of a love of the festival and a shared community with us. Sorry you had to be the bearer, but thank you as we've all been on tenterhooks awaiting the nigh-on inevitable.

Ben
x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s sad, but it’s the right decision in the circumstances, inevitable. It’s good in some ways if it comes out early and doesn’t leave us hanging on in a vain hope. 

Just think how amazingly wonderful 2021 will feel! 

Accepting the 'small' matter of success on T Day for those of us lucky last October...!

Ben

2 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

surely this is not how it should be announced? its giving me a fucking headache just looking at it for one - although looking at the first poster did that too!

It's not official. This is a private Facebook screen-shot from an undeniably decent source.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You're all still alive and hopefully none of your love ones have been affected in reegards to health issues yet.

Glastonbury does not matter, it really doesn't. Lets all pull through this and we can worry about festivals once it is safe to do so.

It might not matter to you, but clearly it does to a lot of people. I'm sure that everyone who is upset about this can retain a sense of perspective on the seriousness of the situation with the virus and the very real threat to people's lives.

So how about we allow people to be upset, and comfort them rather than point out that their priorities are wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

that poster was just too good to be true :(

I imagine they won't have gone to the trouble of booking a lineup like that just to discard it - I'd expect a good amount of that on next year - it's Glastonbury after all so exposure/prestige etc for a lot of them plus a year off touring would surely mean the majority will just happily say yes to doing the next one

Just now, maelzoid said:

It might not matter to you, but clearly it does to a lot of people. I'm sure that everyone who is upset about this can retain a sense of perspective on the seriousness of the situation with the virus and the very real threat to people's lives.

So how about we allow people to be upset, and comfort them rather than point out that their priorities are wrong.

I don't think he's preaching here. I think Glastonbury means a lot to almost everyone on this forum and we're all gutted that this has happened but what he is saying is 100% true.