Glastonbury 2020 Cancelled - I am sorry to be the bearer of this news.

StoneCircle

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd guess there's a few calls they needs to make before they go public, but I'd also guess that if Michael is telling his older daughter it's cancelled an announcement can't be too far away.

That is my thinking, time to grab that cheap bottle of whisky.

Just now, Sdsm123 said:

Gutted but let’s all fight through this and party hard next year, all healthy and something to celebrate

yep going all out for tickets whenever the sale happens, and will try to volunteer with Festaff this summer if any festivals take place to get a better chance of that as a backup

Until there is official word this thread should be locked. We don’t know how genuine the post is. It’s a very strange way to announce it. Someone that connected to the festival should understand how social media works and should only communicate through official channels. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Until there is official word this thread should be locked. We don’t know how genuine the post is. It’s a very strange way to announce it. Someone that connected to the festival should understand how social media works and should only communicate through official channels. 

StoneCircle isn't just a random poster.  If she says Michael's eldest daughter has made a post about the festival being cancelled, I believe her.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

StoneCircle isn't just a random poster.  If she says Michael's eldest daughter has made a post about the festival being cancelled, I believe her.  

I don’t believe random posts from social media. You never actually know whose posted the information. Just because it’s on that account doesn’t mean it’s genuine. It’s a very bizarre way of making a statement. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t believe random posts from social media. You never actually know whose posted the information. Just because it’s on that account doesn’t mean it’s genuine. It’s a very bizarre way of making a statement. 

Stone circle knows her and has done for many years as far as I iknow. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I think it’s fair to put some faith in Juliet Eavis. The screenshot the user posted contains the bottom of her genuine Facebook profile pic too 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

sorry but thats it squirrel ... time to accept what we probably all new what would happen ... doesnt make it easier for anyone stone circle is a long standing member of the forum and no troll ..... thankyou for the positivity though its been incredible :)