The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

The drummer from The Killers said on Instagram their upcoming UK stadium shows are going to be postponed and rearranged. Perhaps not a surprise. Official confirmation hasn't yet been made but presume it'll come.

Guess now its a case of asking Expedia what my options are for my Manchester hotel booking.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I know a few people have mentioned this for gigs they’re already had rescheduled already but looks like Ticketmaster definitely won’t be offering refunds for any rescheduled/postponed gigs.

That's talking about the terms for Ticketmaster in the US, where they've got nowhere near the same level of consumer protection laws.

If they tried to do that in the UK, they'd have no leg to stand on.

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I know a few people have mentioned this for gigs they’re already had rescheduled already but looks like Ticketmaster definitely won’t be offering refunds for any rescheduled/postponed gigs.

Think it's just the US. Terrible company anyway. Avoid Ticketmaster by all accounts when trying to buy tickets with their shitty queues.

I'd just raise a chargeback with the bank. Would like to see them stop that.

I've booked 4 tickets to Bon Iver in Barcelona (was meant to be on Friday) which was rescheduled to January 2021. I emailed Ticketmaster and despite the reports, they did offer a refund once I said we were visiting from the UK and making the new dates would be hard. Was surprised they followed through with a refund to be honest given the articles about them coming out the last few days.

If people above are suggesting that's just on Ticketmaster's US operations, then European ones should be fine.

Although I did get an e-mail through the other day about changes to the T&C's for Ticketmaster Italy, which I used to buy tickets for The National and Franz Ferdinand in Milan 2 years ago. Presumably Ticketmaster France might send me one as well.

Edited by charlierc

Bryan Adams dates moved to April 2021.

Still waiting on news of Crowded House, Guns 'n' Roses, Hella Mega, Randy Newman and Yusuf / Cat Stevens. It would have been my first time seeing the last 4, utterly gutted. Hope that they reschedule and that I can make the new dates. Will be my second Randy Newman cancellation, too.

• Goldfrapp Albert Hall Manchester moved to March 2021
  • Lanterns on the Lake Deaf Institute moved to Sept 2020
  • Bearded Theory moved to Sept 2020
  • Whitesnake MEN Manchester was June now cancelled
  • Bluedot Festival moved to July 2021

Still waiting to hear about Faith No More Manchester Apollo gig in June but expect reschedule rather than cancelled, but given such a big tour I bet it's taking some time to reshuffle

I note that Bluedot and Deer Shed Festivals have gone today? Both postponed to 2021.

What is left that hasn't gone must surely go. Even if say Bearded Theory revised date in Sept goes ahead I'm not sure everyone will feel comfortable in a crowded field?

Stay safe everyone

17 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

I note that Bluedot and Deer Shed Festivals have gone today? Both postponed to 2021.

What is left that hasn't gone must surely go. Even if say Bearded Theory revised date in Sept goes ahead I'm not sure everyone will feel comfortable in a crowded field?

Stay safe everyone

I imagine Reading/Leeds is now the big concern.