The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

Brian Wilson has just added an event to Facebook, for a gig in Leeds in...June? Hmm, I think someone need to have a gentle word with him*. There's no going to be *any* indoor gigs in June, surely? Let alone those where the performers are flown in from America.

* Yes I know it's his management, not actually Brian Wilson.

With Liam selling out arenas and headlining R+L by himself, gotta imagine Oasis' gig schedule gig plan will be as many nights in a Manchester stadium they can manage, then either a few stadiums around the uk, or concentrate the rest in just one in london. Maybe do the MK bowl. Swing back the next year to headline Glastonbury if they're still together. Reading and Leeds would want them too.

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If it brings Oasis back together then the pandemic will have all been worth it.

No thanks - I know people want to see it but they were really dying on their arse back in 2009 on that stadium tour. I'm not sure 12 years on things would have improved at all. Noel's solo stuff is by far better than anything Oasis made in the 00s with the exception of The Importance of Being Idle which was essentially a solo tune anyway. 

Confirmation last night that BST is cancelled as well. So of Mrs Q's birthday presents the Dua Lipa gig has been kicked back until January and the Taylor Swift gig has been cancelled! :lol:

And I was so feckin' smug with myself about the cool presents I'd managed to get her :D

Gutted about the BST cancellation was going to Pearl Jam and Taylor. So that is two of my three Taylor gigs for the summer cancelled just waiting for Werchter Boutique to cancel now (and it really should in my view). Whilst I am extremely disappointed I cannot see why else BST could have done I think early July will still be too early for gatherings of that size. I've got Gaga tickets too but that is looking shaky now that the cancellations have begun to hit July.

So no Glastonbury, Great Escape, Pride, Brighton festival, BST, Queen, Saxon, Doomsday Fest, Slow Readers, Pictish Trail and more for me this summer. I hope by August we can get back outside in which case Bloodstock will be one hell of a party.

Edited by Hotchilidog

Also gutted about BST I was buzzing for Pixies and Pearl Jam.

My only hope now is that Reading goes ahead as I have tickets for the Sunday... Imagine if the highlight of my summer is Reading Festival?! It will be like going back in time 10 years!