The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you’re a fan of the heavier ends of music, a couple of chaps on a podcast I listen to have created a spreadsheet detailing which bands have cancelled tours, where they were supposed to be touring a

hopefully he will still be standing 

Frank Turners show he live streamed from his house last night has raised over 40k for his supports & crew. Massive respect to him.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What's the name of that altrock festival in August? It's the kinda fest bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor would play

ArcTanGent? That's cancelled too.

14 hours ago, Simsy said:

Victorious hasn't been cancelled yet. Same weekend as Reading/Leeds, don't think there's much chance of it going ahead but it is a much smaller build.

I normally avoid paying the ridiculous booking fee by getting tickets in the pub, won't be doing that any time soon!

I can't see that going ahead either, I just don't know why fests are still clinging on. 

Did you go last year? It was SUCH good weather 

1 minute ago, gmb1992 said:

I can't see that going ahead either, I just don't know why fests are still clinging on. 

Did you go last year? It was SUCH good weather 

No, last year was the first 1 I've missed (that was back at the start of this "gap year" when I was actually travelling, it's gone a bit downhill since). Glad to hear the weather was good, got sooo wet the previous year!

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Does anyone think there’s a chance of small gigs this year ? 100 -200 capacity’s ? Long shot 

something like that would probably be safe to happen at the likes of Manc Arena. :P 

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

something like that would probably be safe to happen at the likes of Manc Arena. :P 

Yep that’s what i thought after we are going to need a warm December for lots of outside gigs !! Anyone know of a field that would make a great gig venue ? :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

Shambala still hasn’t cancelled, wonder if they’re holding on for “out doorevents under 20,000 to be allowed by the end of August” my very specific prediction there...

New Order have moved their London October date to November 2021. Still says only UK date so looks like they won’t be at Glastonbury

D0AED81E-A80A-42B9-B1B6-E23C427ECF61.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

New Order have moved their London October date to November 2021. Still says only UK date so looks like they won’t be at Glastonbury

D0AED81E-A80A-42B9-B1B6-E23C427ECF61.jpeg

I'm a little surprised they've cancelled this early

12 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm a little surprised they've cancelled this early

They've moved their September US dates. Probably just too much bother to get together for a one off date 

Thom Yorke's Manchester and London dates re-scheduled to June 2021 but no confirmed re-scheduled date for the Glasgow gig.

Martin Rossiter had moved his two farewell gigs to October, now pushed out till June next year.  June 2021 is looking very very busy!