The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

Just noticed beck gig in Manchester has finally been cancelled.  Haven't had anything from Ticketmaster anyone got recent experience of what's happening with refunds.  Are they notifying you via e mail or are you having to chase them 

Just noticed beck officially said European dates cancelled but looking to reschedule dates . So bet no chance of seeing money from Ticketmaster 

Edited by crocodiles

So, I started this thread ten weeks ago to have a whinge about missing Stewart Lee. It was one of the first casualties of the gathering ban. Wish I'd booked the previous nights performance..

Obviously the thread quickly turned into "everything is cancelled".

Today, I am here to moan that I should have been at Jeff Beck at the Royal Albert Hall tonight. Never been there and had been looking forward to it. Rescheduled for next May (here's hoping).

Was anybody else from here going?

I've tried to get better at buying physical copies of albums from the artists I like, to make up for lack of tours. Just my way of giving a bit support seeing as they get pennies from my spotify streams! It's also made me look out for limited editions etc of vinyls. 

I do have a habit of buying a vinyl, listening to it once then just using Spotify, but least the purchase is there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Funny to think we bought tickets for this tour in September 2018. It’s going to be over three years between buying tickets and actually seeing the gig.

yeah totally, longest wait between ticket purchase and gig. At least the cost should be long forgotten by then :-)

On 5/28/2020 at 12:40 PM, Bennykill said:

My first rescheduled, rescheduled gig. 

I'm waiting for my second rescheduled, rescheduled gig, no word on Michael Kiwanuka yet but suspecting it won't be in September. My first rescheduled, rescheduled gig was The Lovely Eggs. 

On the positive looks like new gigs are going on sale now for next year so fingers crossed we just pretend 2020 didn't happen and things will be back to normal(ish) for 2021. 

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Funny to think we bought tickets for this tour in September 2018. It’s going to be over three years between buying tickets and actually seeing the gig.

First thing I thought when I got the email. I'll be 30 when this actually happens and I bought them aged 26!

Learn the words before you go to see Sir Elton of John. 'cause there's no way you will be able to make any of them out otherwise.

He's always been the worst enunciater in rock imo but this broadcasted around the entire planet recently performance was risible. I was worried he'd started drinking again. This parody nails it.

It's never too late for elocution lessons.

Ticketmaster have finally refunded me for cat Stevens tickets, Glasgow kelvingrove Park. Not rescheduled. Nothing left this year now but 5 moved to next year plus Glastonbury of course. Elbow gig is a rescheduled of a rescheduled gig. Incredible, this will  be  a gigless year. The first since I was 13 . 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Got my girlfriend tickets for her birthday for us to see Texas in Oxford in October this year...now rescheduled for June 2021...luckily for me its two weeks before Glastonbury!

Does this put Texas back in the frame? Still not forgiven them for cancelling their Acoustic Stage set a few years ago.