The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m genuinely concerned about Reg in November.

I’ve had our tickets for around a year now, thought it would be great to see him one last time. To be fair I’d rather he stayed safe. I see he’s postponed all the US dates up to July. So his ‘final’ tour was over 3 years, maybe now extended to 4 years?  

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m pretty sure now that there will not be single UK festival that goes ahead in 2020.

Yep I'm worried enough about when we get gigs back. I think the additional medical services needed at festivals mean they won't happen this year. 

I saw my friend had bought tickets for De La Soul at the end of September. Just did a quick check and they're still on sale. 

Surprising to see people selling tickets for a gig that will likely have to be rearranged? I thought they'd have held off until they knew the date would be fine.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

I saw my friend had bought tickets for De La Soul at the end of September. Just did a quick check and they're still on sale. 

Surprising to see people selling tickets for a gig that will likely have to be rearranged? I thought they'd have held off until they knew the date would be fine.

Those dates were rescheduled from March. They have to put the tickets on sale otherwise why reschedule at all?

Nobody has a clue when music venues will be back open but for medium-sized venues, September doesn’t seem remarkably optimistic.

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Agreed. Think a lot of them rescheduling to September-October time is pointless and is just delaying an inevitable cancellation.

They’ll delay again if gigs aren’t happening by then. Cancellation is a big loss for the artists.

I don't think Reading have cancelled yet but I'm not convinced that will go ahead, I wish they'd just rip the plaster off now and let us know!

I'm a bit confused with the BST refund arrangement did anyone else have tickets, have you applied for a refund? 

3 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

I don't think Reading have cancelled yet but I'm not convinced that will go ahead, I wish they'd just rip the plaster off now and let us know!

I'm a bit confused with the BST refund arrangement did anyone else have tickets, have you applied for a refund? 

My guess would be that BST are waiting to hear if certain artists are planning to reschedule or not before committing to anything.

5 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

To put this into perspective the Ely Christmas lights switch on has just been cancelled and thats 6000 people in November (perhaps premature but gives us an indication of how long social distancing is expected to continue for).

Reading is cancelled, just waiting for an official release. Same with every other festival this summer.

Edited by FestivalJamie

19 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Reading and Leeds have finally confirmed.

Are there any left this summer that are still holding out any hope? 

There's Green Man, End of the Road, and Bearded Theory. 

What's the name of that altrock festival in August? It's the kinda fest bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor would play

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

There's Green Man, End of the Road, and Bearded Theory. 

What's the name of that altrock festival in August? It's the kinda fest bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor would play

I thought EOTR had already cancelled but it looks like I'm wrong! 

23 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Loads.

The earliest I'm aware of is NASS in the middle of July.

1 hour ago, gmb1992 said:

Victorious hasn't been cancelled yet. Same weekend as Reading/Leeds, don't think there's much chance of it going ahead but it is a much smaller build.

I normally avoid paying the ridiculous booking fee by getting tickets in the pub, won't be doing that any time soon!