The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

Still waiting to hear anything from Houghton Festival. Not looking good even though not until August. 
After having to cancel on the day the festival was due to start last year because of freak storms and now this, I can’t see them making it back at all for 2021. 
I hope I’m wrong however 🙏🏼

Beautiful Days as expected cancelled.  With gigs and festivals being cancelled for the foreseeable future one minor crumb of comfort could be that next year there will be a helluva lot of bands wanting to play live. I’ve already got four bands rescheduled for next year. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

44 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Sunflowerfest in Northern Ireland not yet cancelled but will surely be cancelled in the coming weeks.

Any word on The National gigs in June in Belfast & Eire ?

I am booked to bring my bike across to Larne and as well as weeks biking have a ticket to see em in Limerick.

10 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

I find it worrying that the official Hella Mega announcement says they are going to postpone "a number of our European shows", and on the tour dates site everything up to, but not including the UK dates is marked as postponed.

https://hellamegatour.com/

There's obviously no way they're going to take place this year, so I worry that they are going to be cancelled instead. Maybe they've already signed up as a UK exclusive somewhere for 2021 (e.g. R + L ?)

If so, I will be gutted. I'm destined not to see Green Day and I was sure this would be the year!

That's why I'm confused as some are saying they're off and others are saying they're on. But it is a stretch to believe they're still going to go ahead as scheduled, and not least given Ireland has a mass events ban.

8 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

The Killers have moved all UK shows to next tear, I’m still going to the Norwich one so I’m very relieved as bands like them never come this way, very impressed most dates are similar and the support acts are still the same 

25DD3CE8-BBA6-4EF4-91AE-0266CD59FC90.png

I find it funny the Manchester show I had tickets for has gone from being near the front of the UK run to the very back.

Seeing as my hotel is non-refundable (boo), how hard can it be to push a reservation back 13 months?

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Beautiful Days as expected cancelled.  With gigs and festivals being cancelled for the foreseeable future one minor crumb of comfort could be that next year there will be a helluva lot of bands wanting to play live. I’ve already got four bands rescheduled for next year. 

Reading the statements put out and mood music this summer looks like it's going to be a total washout. Wondering if any sort of holiday away will be possible/permitted?

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

That's why I'm confused as some are saying they're off and others are saying they're on. But it is a stretch to believe they're still going to go ahead as scheduled, and not least given Ireland has a mass events ban.

I find it funny the Manchester show I had tickets for has gone from being near the front of the UK run to the very back.

Seeing as my hotel is non-refundable (boo), how hard can it be to push a reservation back 13 months?

Not sure what hotel you have booked, but chance your luck and ask - I've managed to move or get refunds for everything so far - including non refundable hotel rates and train fares.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

8 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

Not sure what hotel you have booked, but chance your luck and ask - I've managed to move or get refunds for everything so far - including non refundable hotel rates and train fares.

Yeah same here, definitely worth a shot. Even if you can get a voucher or something like that for the hotel. 

17 hours ago, ivan said:

I am booked to bring my bike across to Larne and as well as weeks biking have a ticket to see em in Limerick.

They’ll all be cancelled. There’s no gigs or festivals in Ireland this summer. Also please just stay in the UK. This isn’t a summer for biking around Ireland. Any foreign visitors will be unwelcome. 

Edited by Madyaker

15 hours ago, Lycra said:

Reading the statements put out and mood music this summer looks like it's going to be a total washout. Wondering if any sort of holiday away will be possible/permitted?

Honestly I'd be surprised if we could even do staycations within the UK this year, nevermind venturing overseas. I know there's talk at an EU level about trying to create social distancing-friendly tourism for countries that need high tourist income, but that's still probably going to be tricky.

10 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Yeah same here, definitely worth a shot. Even if you can get a voucher or something like that for the hotel. 

It was for a hotel in Sale I booked through Expedia. First plan yesterday was to outright cancel until it came up as saying "non-refundable" as it suggested booking a non-refundable room type and tariff. 

First step I've tried is asking if I can just reschedule for the new show date. See where that gets me.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

They’ll all be cancelled. There’s no gigs or festivals in Ireland this summer. Also please just stay in the UK. This isn’t a summer for biking around Ireland. Any foreign visitors will be unwelcome. 

I am stuck between a rock and hard place.

Travel Insurance will pay out if i am told not to to travel .  Ferries won't refund as they are still running and hotels are saying if we are open and you don't show  you lose your money  - AaH 

I am surprised with The National being early June they have not issued a cancellation announcement yet ?

People in the Uk should be aware that other European countries are now looking at the the UK as a bit of a Coronavirus hotspot. The french are busy making preparations to stop thousands crossing the channel like they usually do every summer. They have stopped travel from non schengen countries now for the same reason. A campervan with a UK reg on it was parked at a beach near my parents house a few weeks ago and some farmers who just happened to be carrying a shotgun showed up and politely asked them if they wouldn’t mind getting the fuck out of there. 

On 4/25/2020 at 1:23 PM, dentalplan said:

Chances are it’s not cancelled but postponed, and they’re figuring all the details of that out before any announcement.

Aye, with most of these cases it isn’t just one show being canned but an entire tour across multiple countries. I imagine it takes a little while to get the logistics in order in terms of rescheduling their entire run before any announcements are made.

On 4/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, ivan said:

Haven't heard anything yet but seems a cert to be cancelled. The Sinead O'Connor one at the same venue hasn't been cancelled yet either.

22 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Oh Sees tour put back, my Manchester tickets new date 11th November.

They were my discovery of Green Man a couple of years ago.  I'd never heard of them, fell across them and was blown away.  Two drummers (at the time) and a lead guitarist who out-Hendrixed Hendrix.

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Oh Sees tour put back, my Manchester tickets new date 11th November.

I didn't get tickets originally as I'd seen them in that venue the last 2 years (it was even the same Saturday as last year) but I'll have to grab a ticket if it looks likely that November date will be going ahead.