The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

Frank Turner’s Lost Evenings IV cancelled for Berlin in May. 🙁

not rescheduled so now trying to work out what if any refund I can get on booked hotel ( nearly £500!) . Flights already half cancelled By BA as well. 

I should have been seeing Joe Brown at the New Theatre in Cardiff tonight.  Fascinating background and great mates with George Harrison.  Brought the house to tears in the Concert for George.

• Like 1

I'm confused by the announcement of Hella Mega being postponed as some are saying this includes the UK shows and others are saying it doesn't.

If there are still going ahead for now, however, I feel its only a question of time before the plug gets pulled.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I'm confused by the announcement of Hella Mega being postponed as some are saying this includes the UK shows and others are saying it doesn't.

If there are still going ahead for now, however, I feel its only a question of time before the plug gets pulled.

Not sure where people are getting that from, I’d expect it means the entire hellamegatour tbh. Glad it’s getting postponed until next, just hope the Huddersfield date is a Saturday again or it’ll have to be a refund for me unfortunately. 

25 minutes ago, foolee said:

Not sure where people are getting that from, I’d expect it means the entire hellamegatour tbh. Glad it’s getting postponed until next, just hope the Huddersfield date is a Saturday again or it’ll have to be a refund for me unfortunately. 

https://planetradio.co.uk/absolute-radio/music/news/hella-mega-tour-postponed/

This says European dates including the U.K. shows. Hope it gets rearranged to a non Glastonbury weekend. 

I find it worrying that the official Hella Mega announcement says they are going to postpone "a number of our European shows", and on the tour dates site everything up to, but not including the UK dates is marked as postponed.

https://hellamegatour.com/

There's obviously no way they're going to take place this year, so I worry that they are going to be cancelled instead. Maybe they've already signed up as a UK exclusive somewhere for 2021 (e.g. R + L ?)

If so, I will be gutted. I'm destined not to see Green Day and I was sure this would be the year!

46 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

I find it worrying that the official Hella Mega announcement says they are going to postpone "a number of our European shows", and on the tour dates site everything up to, but not including the UK dates is marked as postponed.

https://hellamegatour.com/

There's obviously no way they're going to take place this year, so I worry that they are going to be cancelled instead. Maybe they've already signed up as a UK exclusive somewhere for 2021 (e.g. R + L ?)

If so, I will be gutted. I'm destined not to see Green Day and I was sure this would be the year!

Might be the case that a lot of stadia are either already booked for next summer or are not accepting bookings until the situation with COVID becomes clearer. 

Yesterday, Professor Chris Whitty, England’s chief medical officer said that "social distancing could stay in place for the rest of the year".

I think that will kill all remaining festivals in 2020 and probably most gigs.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:05 PM, charlierc said:

we're heading for a bit of a cultural desert

Looks like it. I suspect no football or live sport either.

Arsebiscuits.

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hopefully not over GF weekend. Quite fancied the London date.

I wanted to go so much I ended up getting tickets for the Antwerp gig.  Fortunately I hadn't booked the flights yet, and the hotel was free cancellation.  Let's see when it lands next year, as two days in Belgium pre Glastonbury was actually a really nice thought.

Seems to be quite a few that are delaying the inevitable.  Given Longitude was canceled, seems bizarre they didn't do Latitude at the same time, and Standon Calling put out a statement saying it wasn't yet cancelled, but they were watching events!  

15 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Seems to be quite a few that are delaying the inevitable.  Given Longitude was canceled, seems bizarre they didn't do Latitude at the same time, and Standon Calling put out a statement saying it wasn't yet cancelled, but they were watching events!  

Longitude is in Ireland, where the government took it out of Live Nation’s hands and brought the hammer down on all events exceeding 5,000 in capacity before September. No such thing in the UK just yet.

Edited by dentalplan