The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

2 hours ago, Charm said:

The London date of Welcome to Nightvale live show has been postponed til October. 
Would recommend their podcast to anyone stuck for something to do, it’s awesome. 
Charm x

http://www.welcometonightvale.com/listen

Bristol's been rescheduled for August. Glad they've been able to do that seeing as it's Cecil's last tour. 

49 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Any word on Foals yet? I'm seeing them in London on May 2nd; surely that's no longer happening?

To be absolutely frank I can’t see anything this side of September surviving. Hopefully everything is back in time for Reg’s tour in November.

From a purely selfish perspective this kind of works to my advantage, haven’t bought tickets for many gigs this year due to baby commitments so hopefully will be able to pick up some of the rearranged gigs - thinking about the National at Brixton in particular.

Got my first reschedule clash this morning, Porridge Radio's new date clashing with Sinead O'Brien's new one. Fucking rough call. No ill thoughts to either of them or the promotors obviously but those were 2 of the gigs I was most looking forward to.

On 4/2/2020 at 3:32 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Any word on Foals yet? I'm seeing them in London on May 2nd; surely that's no longer happening?

They've rescheduled shows in Paris, Zurich and Amsterdam that were happening ahead of their UK tour to September. Presumably others including the UK shows will soon follow.

The only one I was looking at for April was Saint Motel, but their 2 UK shows in London & Manchester got a September reschedule as well. Perhaps not surprisingly. Whether the conditions will be right for US acts by then is another matter.

4 hours ago, Bisque said:

Enter Shikari going ahead with UK tour in November. Starts Southampton on 11th. Brave move announcing gigs during this.

I've noticed some bands announce dates but not put tickets on sale yet. The Killers and Biffy Clyro did this, for instance. Which is a curious move imo.

3 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I suspect some of those re-scheduled for July might be too early at this rate. A lot of them seem to be re-scheduling for September which seems more likely. 

At this rate, the festival season will be September.

Shindig has already been shoved to 30 Sept weekend - and I already have a ticket to Moondance rave in Essex then.

The clashes are not treating me well!

1 minute ago, Homer said:

At this rate, the festival season will be September.

Shindig has already been shoved to 30 Sept weekend - and I already have a ticket to Moondance rave in Essex then.

The clashes are not treating me well!

Yes my biggest worry is that things end up being moved to October and November as one of my dogs has a major firework fear (which has led to a more general noise fear) We were actually in the middle of her referral to a vet behaviourist for it but as it involves a home visit it is on hold so I am dreading that everything gets back in time for fireworks season when we can't leave the house anyway because she gets so scared she actually shits herself and it means our whole year is a write off :(