The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

If you’re a fan of the heavier ends of music, a couple of chaps on a podcast I listen to have created a spreadsheet detailing which bands have cancelled tours, where they were supposed to be touring and the links you can open to directly go to their site / store to help support them: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lVjdd-66y2D_DrsRuXUwNUz8KB_mx7R-cmMh1WwBQrI/htmlview

If a gig you were going to has been cancelled and you get refunded, I think it is a great idea to use some of that money to buy something from that artist’s store to help support them in some way still :) This is going to hit a lot of artists incredibly hard, particularly your smaller bands, who genuinely need all the help they can get just to come out of this still an active band :(

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 3

NF (with my Son) was cancelled

Jade Bird in Bristol Tonight - This was actually the rescheduled gig as last time she did 3 songs and had to leave as her voice was shot. Cancelled though now with no reschedule

I will be donating part of my refund back to the venue for Jade Bird as it is the Trinity community centre in Bristol so will need all the help they can get

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jericode said:

I was at this too, just drove down from work in Pontypridd, parked on St David's then the tweet arrived as soon as I got out the car.

I've also had Set It Off postponed at the Tramshed, which is the only one so far, but I imagine I'm gonna lose everything else I've booked so far since I've got stuff up to mid-July.

Just frustrating with the short notice but definitely the right decision, just hope I can make the new date if it happens. 

I’ve got a few things booked in until July so can definitely see them all getting cancelled, it’s going to be a long summer. 

I've had Anvil, Slow Readers Club and Saxon cancelled as well as an Royal Opera House screening of Fidelio. I have some more lined up for April (been trying to average a gig a week this year)  and that dream is definitely over.

In Brighton some venues have already closure, won't be long until it is most of them.

Edited by Hotchilidog

Gigs cancelled (or expected to be cancelled) for me:

Squid

Country 2 Country

Gregory Porter

Goldfrapp

Book of Mormon

Glastonbury

Holidays cancelled:

Trip to Paris

Trip to NYC

Fuck, shit and bugger! However in the grand scheme of things gigs and holidays aren't really important. Stay safe and healthy everyone, and please do your best to help look after anyone who can't look after themselves.

1 hour ago, Giraffe Man said:

Frank Turners show he live streamed from his house last night has raised over 40k for his supports & crew. Massive respect to him.

Was a fun way to spend an evening, I chucked them £20.

Hopefully the rest of the Isolate Live gigs gather as much attention and support as they can.

Frank Turner's show in Aylesbury last weekend did go ahead, but I couldn't go as I was struggling with a minor cold. Part of me is a little narked I couldn't get the refund, but it probably is the same to donate to his crowd-funding thing for his FB live-stream.

Only other ticket I had booked is for The Killers on May 30th, but I'm presuming that show is not happening. Same with any of the May/June shows I was looking at but don't have tickets for (so that's Foals, MCR, Kasabian, Green Day and Kings of Leon). Main thing with TK is asking Expedia what I can do with my Manchester hotel booking.

In a non-music sense, I had tickets to see Kerry Godliman doing a stand-up show on Friday with parents but I just found out the show is not taking place. Not a surprise.

Original plan was to do a big holiday in July, but I'm not expecting things to be semi-normal in time to book something then. Just have to see if this goes in any direction other than the wrong one.

Edited by charlierc

Nick Cave postponed his London gig in May - no news as to when it'll be rearranged for (to be expected) and no mention of a refund (not that I'd take one anyway). Meant to be a present for t'other half so, although expected, a bit disappointed in this house today!

On 3/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, TomViolence said:

Jay Som's UK tour cancelled.

King Krule is due to be starting a UK tour tomorrow. Dublin has been cancelled but other dates seem to be going ahead still :S

King Krule now rescheduled, dates on instagram (London in October)

On 3/18/2020 at 9:34 AM, Giraffe Man said:

Frank Turners show he live streamed from his house last night has raised over 40k for his supports & crew. Massive respect to him.

First time I've ever been to a gig in my pyjamas whilst drinking a cuppa! It was really good fun and worth a donation for his crew who work SO hard.  I feel really fortunate to have been at the York gig before his tour got cancelled. 

Just waiting to hear whether Lost Evenings in Berlin gets pulled 😔

Miranda Sykes from Show of Hands. Following a recent breast cancer diagnosis, she is taking a step back for treatment but not before she performs one final concert on Saturday (March 21) at 7.30pm live from her living room!

Click here to find out how you can watch and donate to her 'tip jar'