The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

2 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Thanks a lot, at least I know I won't be missing it …. I'll await the reschedule dates and hopefully will be able to make it. If it all clears up it'll be time off in the UK in September/October gig hopping - which will be epic :-)

• Like 1

sods law that after a quiet start to the year, this fortnight was absolutely full of gigs:

the swedish folk and world music gala last saturday, a swedish blues fella roffe wikström on weds, jesus and mary chain and chelsea wolfe next week.

but whatever. in the current context, i don't feel loss, it just makes me grateful for how good we usually have it with all these nice things to look forward to and hopefully will have to look forward to again. as they say here in sweden, det är en dag imorgan också!

and respect to those who are doing the livestreamed gigs - the folk and world music gala was livestreamed and a pal of mine is doing a streamed gig on sat - anybody else got any decent livestreamed gigs?

2 hours ago, whateverworksout said:

Albert Hall in Manchester has completely closed, cancelling/postponing all future events 💔

Yes- I was due to go see JAMC there on Saturday which is postponed

Also had The Mission in May in Leeds postponed too

Edited by dondo

Local theater emailed us - all shows for the rest of March cancelled. So that's Thursday night knackered. Got Elbow in four weeks, cant see that going ahead  and Kasabian summer solstice gig is sounding like its cancelled too.

Local uni has shutdown until September.

The Animals in Amsterdam - part of a birthday treat including two nights staying on a canal boat as a birthday treat from my daughters.  Now the whole trip is off.

Plus Andy Fairweather Low in Cardiff.

If you had a gig booked anywhere you can pretty well assume now that it will be off.

3 hours ago, moams said:

I was supposed to be watching Twin Atlantic in Cardiff, travelled all the way from Nottingham for it to be cancelled 2 hours before. Right decision but gutted none the less. 

I was at this too, just drove down from work in Pontypridd, parked on St David's then the tweet arrived as soon as I got out the car.

I've also had Set It Off postponed at the Tramshed, which is the only one so far, but I imagine I'm gonna lose everything else I've booked so far since I've got stuff up to mid-July.