The "Cancelled Gigs" Thread

MrZigster

Lucia and the best boys went ahead at King tuts last Thursday 12th, as did Spinning Coin at glasgow CCA on sunday 15th..chuffed as Martha in Newcastle (fri 13th) and Jesus and Mary Chain (fri 20th) are both postponed. Glad I got to see the first 2 as it's not looking good for much else. sad times 

1 minute ago, whateverworksout said:

I’m supposed to be going on Friday and they haven’t emailed me about refunds/postponement yet, but they’ve posted on socials that they’ve closed for the time being, so maybe the emails are being composed 

OK thanks, just seen the Twitter posts. I await the cancellation of Nick Cave at the Arena. 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I'm supposed to go to an all-day trance party at Fabric on Saturday. Not happening, funnily enough.

On the flipside, I picked up a £10 ticket to see Orbital on Saturday gone at Printworks and was really good. So can't complain.

Was at Orbital too on Saturday - was absolutely epic! 

Levellers on Friday in Norwich has been postponed until September.

Noble Jacks in Tunbridge Wells on 28th March is still on at the moment but expect that to be pulled shortly.

All events at Cambridge Junction have be pulled up until the end of April.

3 minutes ago, chris_nre said:

Levellers on Friday in Norwich has been postponed until September.

Noble Jacks in Tunbridge Wells on 28th March is still on at the moment but expect that to be pulled shortly.

All events at Cambridge Junction have be pulled up until the end of April.

Portland Arms in Cambridge have cancelled the next 3 weeks....

Muum Ra on April 13th is still there (for now)... i suppose i can wait another 12 years to see them again

Manchester Ritz seems to have cancelled everything so Confidence Man ain't happening. Squid have postponed till September. Got a few others as well that I imagine will not go ahead, Sinead O Brien is the I'm most gutted about. In YES Basement so there's a slight chance it could happen (capacity is like <100 I believe and it's at the start of May) I can't see it though.

6 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Portland Arms in Cambridge have cancelled the next 3 weeks....

Muum Ra on April 13th is still there (for now)... i suppose i can wait another 12 years to see them again

Supposed to see Noble Jacks there on 19th April. Probably won't happen.

My postponements/cancellations started with Michael Kiwanuka which has now been rescheduled for September, then Kelis postponed, then Cat Empire. A few others have hinted at possible postponements but too early to say yet but Albert Hall is closed as is Royal Northern College of Music. 

I booked lots of gigs to give myself something to look forward to in light of not having Glastonbury tickets. Funny how suddenly it all seems a little irrelevant though as this is going to be catastrophic to families who will lose loved ones, businesses, jobs. We're going to feel the pinch of this for quite some time to come, not to mention the fact that nobody is actually negotiating any post-brexit trade deals in the current climate so who knows what next year will bring now. 

Think we all need to do what we can to support those we know who will have tough, tough times ahead.