Positivity Thead

JoeyT

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Funny festival stories, festival youtube videos, your favourite festival related photos.

Let's fill this up with positivity.

Keep safe all, we will get through this.

I'll start.

And a great start that is. I've been thinking about my best festival moments a lot this year and that is definitely up there for me. 

My other one I don't think will have been captured on video but it's Kate Tempest's face when she came out and saw the crowd at the Rum Shack in 2014 just after Everybody Down had been released. The joy on her face and how overwhelmed she looked will stay with me forever. 

Mentally, I'm all over the shop at the moment. I don't particularly do so well with uncertainty and life not "fitting my schedule", if you know what I mean. To stay positive, I'm trying to visualise the explosion of excitement, relief and gratitude when this situation has passed. It's going to be the party to end all parties, as is everything that follows it. Obviously I can't put a timescale on it right now and it may not be at Glastonbury, but wherever and whenever it may be I'm going to celebrate every last minute of it.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Non Glastonbury related, but who cares. This is one of my go-to vids when I need to smile. First two set the context, the joy starts at 50 seconds in. Who's a gud boy? 

If you ask me, that dog was the winner - he got all the treats after all.

12 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

last one non glasto related I promise. "and what is the charge? eating a meal?? a succulent Chinese meal??" just such a classic always makes me smile.

Ah, the lines whenever anyone suggests Chinese food. Or talks about judo.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Mentally, I'm all over the shop at the moment. I don't particularly do so well with uncertainty and life not "fitting my schedule", if you know what I mean. To stay positive, I'm trying to visualise the explosion of excitement, relief and gratitude when this situation has passed. It's going to be the party to end all parties, as is everything that follows it. Obviously I can't put a timescale on it right now and it may not be at Glastonbury, but wherever and whenever it may be I'm going to celebrate every last minute of it.

I completely understand where you are at and be sure there are many many people feeling the same way. Uncertainty can be a very disruptive issue, the fear of not knowing can be worse than facing up to a known crisis. Focusing on the positives when all this shit has passed is a great way of coping. So is talking to others and doing what you have just done, share it with us on here. Gonna be some party at the next glasto whether is mud or sunshine! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I thrive on structure and planning, so I know where you're coming from.  We've just taken the approach at the moment of trying to keep the same structure to the day as we would in our respective offices. So this morning we were up, showered and ready to work as normal, with a wee bit of a lie in to account for not commuting. 8am Mrs Q went for a walk to replicate her walk from the station in London to the office, and I was doing my daily 15 minute headspace as I would do in the office.

Speaking of which, Headspace is offering some additional free material at the moment https://www.headspace.com/covid-19

• Upvote 1