Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

Gotta be a sign

1354352298_Screenshot_20200319-1520312.thumb.png.75832ac1b601857a2d2642dae789210c.png

8 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Hi guys I might have got this one slightly wrong.

Well the title of the thread isnt specific enough. Im 100% sure Glastonbury is going to go ahead.

The 50th anniversary 2020 Glastonbury however I'm not as confident about. 

The 50th anniversary of the first festival is September 2020, so as we won’t be a whole year late can we still celebrate Glastonbury’s 50th? Or do we call it the 50th+1 party or just Glastonbury 2021?

Radio station got in contact asking to interview me or mrs morph about the cancellation, both declined, just couldn’t think of the words....they wouldn’t understand. What was I supposed to say? Well I spend most of the year chatting nonsense about it, making fancy dress, brewing up home-brew and even creating a Glastonbury themed computer game and associated web site. I would sound like an absolute mad man.... 🙂

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

From the governments science paper released today, a table showing the effectiveness of various steps. Banning concerts/stadiums said to do fuck all:

The event itself yeah but put it alongside social distancing, people packed on transport to and from, add in going to the pub/restaurant beforehand and its a different story.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, lukethekid said:

The cool kids call it My Sharona 

Oh!

My friend sent me this playlist someone had made (I'm sure someone will have posted it somewhere else on here already)  - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7s7Qvwtm9Ll0r0OBWgjLb0?si=MLcHBTwBRsirWgNHf_RR8g

I genuinely couldn't work out what My Sharona was doing on there until just now! 

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Oh!

My friend sent me this playlist someone had made (I'm sure someone will have posted it somewhere else on here already)  - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7s7Qvwtm9Ll0r0OBWgjLb0?si=MLcHBTwBRsirWgNHf_RR8g

I genuinely couldn't work out what My Sharona was doing on there until just now! 

I just made that up to be honest 

On 3/25/2020 at 2:32 PM, eFestivals said:

That’s a pity, isn’t it partly a fundraiser for the abbey? On the subject of cancellation I see download has finally made the official announcement.  

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s a pity, isn’t it partly a fundraiser for the abbey? On the subject of cancellation I see download has finally made the official announcement.  

It's really sobering that an event in August that doesn't require a lengthy build has been cancelled so far ahead. We're in this for the long haul.