Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Think it's worth having a thread to discuss the bigger picture. I know this is a festival forum but these are different times!

I was being a bit flippant tbh. The thread question has been answered and it feels like salt in the wound to have it lingering around like a foul smell.

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

I was being a bit flippant tbh. The thread question has been answered and it feels like salt in the wound to have it lingering around like a foul smell.

oh c'mon ... it's only 2 hours since cancelled was announced.

I'm sure this'll fade away soon enough, but right now coronavirus/cancellation is the biggest thing about Glastonbury. 

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

They may have won this little skirmish but they will never win the war. 

If your definition of ‘doom mongers’ includes ‘people in the reality-based community’ then note that they will always ultimately win the war. 

No time for gloomsters, but sometimes reality doesn’t sound all peaches and cream.

13 minutes ago, Breeze said:

If your definition of ‘doom mongers’ includes ‘people in the reality-based community’ then note that they will always ultimately win the war. 

No time for gloomsters, but sometimes reality doesn’t sound all peaches and cream.

time to drop this and move on ... please 

one question .... does anyone know what I might be entitled to as im going to need to lockdown for 12 weeks  type 1 diabetes .... just ssp ?  £95 per week ive been with my employer for one year and tried finding an answer and all I got was mixed responses and im none the wiser .... ?

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

one question .... does anyone know what I might be entitled to as im going to need to lockdown for 12 weeks  type 1 diabetes .... just ssp ?  £95 per week ive been with my employer for one year and tried finding an answer and all I got was mixed responses and im none the wiser .... ?

i believe it's the case that SSP claimants can claim other benefits (if not, Spaffer told porkies in today's PMQs). So probably housing benefit, if nothing else.

Edited by eFestivals

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

i believe it's the case that SSP claimants can claim other benefits (if not, Spaffer told porkies in today's PMQs). So probably housing benefit, if nothing else.

im mortgage free so probably unlikely for me ... will probably wait for updates ... work told me anything from 7 days ... to 12 weeks full company sick pay but not quite sure how it accrues and as ive only been back a year how much ive earnt  ...

7 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Shall we keep eFests a corona-free place for now?

I've done the stats this morning for my own benefit but I don't want to keep pulling this thread back to page 1 with updates if, understandably, people want to use this site as a getaway from the virus.

I'd like to keep reading your updates, to be honest!

20 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I work in Housing Benefits.

All benefits are a complex beast now. 

First up if you are liable for rent check https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

Some people still have to claim Housing Benefit if they are not eligible for Universal Credit this would be done via your local council.

Every council now has their own version of what was Council Tax Benefit so need to check your local councils website.

If anybody is going to claim get your claim in as quick as possible as that will be your "claim date" you can provide the relevant information later on rather than delay your claim and pass all info info together.

All councils have various hardship funds you might be able to apply for. Again this differs from council to council so check your local council's website.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, faymondo said:

If anybody is going to claim get your claim in as quick as possible as that will be your "claim date" you can provide the relevant information later on rather than delay your claim and pass all info info together.

Yeah good luck trying to get through to them to either discuss the claim or book your initial appointment.

Been trying for 2 days now, constant hold or cut off and even got through to easyJet IVR options after pressing one option... Taking the piss!!