Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

37 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Of course one day this money actually has to come from somewhere.

Stopping businesses folding with grants actually makes more financial sense. You're propping for a couple of months and keeping the economy going. Costs a lot more if you have thousands of people long term out of work. Loans are being offered as well which will have to be paid back. 

We'll wait and see what the criteria is for benefiting. 

• Upvote 1

So I know this will be met with furious anger and calls of speculation and a large number of downvotes but I thought I should share this anyway. 

Today I have heard from 3 separate people who all work for Glastonbury in some capacity that the decision has been made and to expect an announcement tomorrow that its been called off. Two of these people I wouldn't generally trust on their own, however the 3rd has proved to be an extremely reliable source in the past who is in a position to know about things slightly in advance. 

I truly hope I am wrong but for me, this has killed any optimism I had left. 

I am going to hide in a corner, fire away! 

1 minute ago, Slats14 said:

So I know this will be met with furious anger and calls of speculation and a large number of downvotes but I thought I should share this anyway. 

Today I have heard from 3 separate people who all work for Glastonbury in some capacity that the decision has been made and to expect an announcement tomorrow that its been called off. Two of these people I wouldn't generally trust on their own, however the 3rd has proved to be an extremely reliable source in the past who is in a position to know about things slightly in advance. 

? Everyone thinks its over

Just now, Slats14 said:

erm ... dont think it will ... have you seen the other thread :( 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slats14 said:

You're about an hour late to that party ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

China won't be holding anything like Glastonbury for a very long while.

There is not a chance this is "beaten" before June. We may well see the other side of a peak, but an event like Glastonbury could easily cause a second peak.

That's the biggest thing here too, Glastonbury could be responsible due that that many people for a huge 2nd outbreak come July time, if they happened because they took the risk the festival as an operating event is done.

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

erm ... dont think it will ... have you seen the other thread :( 

18 minutes ago, Gilb said:

You're about an hour late to that party ;) 

So I am! Just got off the phone and came straight here. Apologies

15 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Not a real doc obviously. The LONGEST period after exposure that you go without showing symptoms is 14 days. Not 14-28. With the average being 5 days, and 97.5% of the population showing symptoms before 12 days. There are rare outlier cases of 19, 24 days but more than likely they got reexposed within the 14 day period. (WHO agrees). 

The means of transmitting the virus is through cough, so once persistent symptoms disappear, and after you break your fever, the virus is still in your body but losing the fight against your immune system. If you're no longer coughing you're not highly contagious, and could likely only spread the virus through close contact. Most people symptoms are mild after about 10 days on average, but this depends highly on your immune system and lung health. 

This means the average case happening to an average healthy individual who sees symptoms on day 5 after exposure would likely be healthy after day 15.

How long it would take for the virus to be entirely out of your system, I dont know, but once again depends on your immune response. 14 days would be unprecedented as most studies are saying the contagion is only in the beginning of the symptoms.

1st - yes I am a real doctor

2nd - you are basing your information on a virus with no significant epidemiological studies, so I'm inrterested to understand how a few months of studying a virus can give this informartion.

3rd - I'm sure you've been reading up on the SAGE, WHO and Imperial College data that informs us that informs us nobody has a clue as to how long the incubation period is (14-28 days is the current accepted potential incubation period based on insufficient tracing of contact patients globally - mainly the UK for our data).

4th - Glastonbury has been cancelled - 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Homer said:

It's good news when taking extreme measures like them, while I don't think its possible here unfortunately our suggestions and lack of intrusiveness in tracking people won't get it done that quickly