Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

2 minutes ago, Bovla said:

A mortgage holiday but not a rent holiday...help the better off won't it.

I agree to an extent but I imagine there'll be outrage if the landlords don't pass that mortgage holiday onto the renters. Hopefully enough to force a law. Those that own outright have to do the right think, which they won't obviously hence the hopeful outrage

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I agree to an extent but I imagine there'll be outrage if the landlords don't pass that mortgage holiday onto the renters. Hopefully enough to force a law. Those that own outright have to do the right think, which they won't obviously hence the hopeful outrage

This would be the best thing, but difficult position for renters who don't get that. People in a weaker financial position, living hand to mouth, would benefit massively from a legal position on that, and also council tax.

Shops are being emptied of all budget items and it's mainly more expensive alternatives left - poorer people are going to struggle so much without more central help.

1 minute ago, Bovla said:

This would be the best thing, but difficult position for renters who don't get that.

Exactly. What about Landlords who own properties outright?

Their tenants get nothing?

No way of differentiating.

Just now, bombfrog said:

Landlords might be fucked too here. I know for a fact that landlords aren't all rich bastards, some of them rely in the income of renting a flat out as part of their monthly income which they need. Just getting in there before the inevitable....

Well they've just got a mortgage holiday, i think that's the point people are making.

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think it should be that if your renting your house out, you dont get a mortgage holiday unless you offer a rent holiday. Fuck knows though 

Was about to post this. You’d like to think most landlords would do the decent thing but you can be sure there’ll be a few that try to double up their money. 
Not sure how you could enforce it unfortunately. (EDIT: Without the government going through each landlord/tenant one by one to make sure both parts have been held up)

Edited by DareToDibble

Just now, bombfrog said:

Landlords might be fucked too here. I know for a fact that landlords aren't all rich bastards, some of them rely in the income of renting a flat out as part of their monthly income which they need. Just getting in there before the inevitable....

Yes of course, they are not all greedy bastards, and there is not a simple solution to this. But they have ignored renters here, and many landlords are very well off and would be fine for a few months of at least reduced rent.

The talk of postponing until September seems wild. Nobody knows how long this is going to last for, but I doubt they would risk having it only 3 months later than currently planned. Couple that with having to fit it in with all the artists schedules - the most logical plan, in my very limited opinion, would be to postpone until 2021, ask the same artists if they can play, and go from there. I’ve got a ticket so would love it if they would allow me to keep it for 2021, but right now it all feels very insignificant. I’ve also got to see if I can get a £500 campervan deposit back!

4 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Exactly. What about Landlords who own properties outright?

Their tenants get nothing?

No way of differentiating.

Mortgage holidays benefit the mortgage holder directly, only way of directly helping renters is with rent supplements. Expecting/hoping landlords step up is no guarantee (and different landlords are in different situations as well, they could need support too if they have no other income). Just gets too complicated. Go straight to the person you are trying to help and cut out the middleman. 

edit: of course, all this would be massively expensive and maybe impractical! Mortgage holidays are just that, still needs to be paid off...

Edited by Toilet Duck

Just now, Toilet Duck said:

Mortgage holidays benefit the mortgage holder directly, only way of directly helping renters is with rent supplements. Expecting/hoping landlords step up is no guarantee (and different landlords are in different situations as well, they could need support too if they have no other income). Just gets too complicated. Go straight to the person you are trying to help and cut out the middleman. 

Very true, it probably needs to go directly to the landlord to make it the most effective. 

Just now, Bovla said:

Yes of course, they are not all greedy bastards, and there is not a simple solution to this. But they have ignored renters here, and many landlords are very well off and would be fine for a few months of at least reduced rent.

and quite a lot of companies are "landlords" for loads of apartments or houses - the ensuing PR disaster from not abiding by it would be business suicide especially in this slowed down climate. 

Yes there will be some who try to take advantage but hopefully minimal and it is on the government to make it clear / give somewhere for people affected to get in touch and report them.  In the typical Tory way they obviously haven't made every detail clear but I've got a bit of faith having seen what's come out of this press conference that they'll cover all bases even if they take a bit of a messy way there

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

and quite a lot of companies are "landlords" for loads of apartments or houses - the ensuing PR disaster from not abiding by it would be business suicide especially in this slowed down climate. 

Yes there will be some who try to take advantage but hopefully minimal and it is on the government to make it clear / give somewhere for people affected to get in touch and report them.  In the typical Tory way they obviously haven't made every detail clear but I've got a bit of faith having seen what's come out of this press conference that they'll cover all bases even if they take a bit of a messy way there

Fingers crossed that's the case for all those who need it, going to be an incredibly emotions, heavy and complicated few months for the whole country, Glastonbury aside!

3 hours ago, beckyseaman1991 said:

I've had a look at the best shots on BBC's webcam. On 20th March 2017 there wasn't much activity and the site largely looked like it does now. 11th April 2017 was pretty much the same.

This is what I found for 2019:

Beginning of April they started putting the Pyramid's coat on (according to #######). 

End of April is when they started work on Pangea (again, thanks #######!)

I guess the webcam won't give us any hints until April but by then we'll surely have an announcement. 

Thanks, so that's only two weeks away really,

You'd have there would definitely be an announcement by then