Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Feel like it was late Jan, but hard to keep track of timescales at the minute...

If we were in this position 17 days a go I think the number of people who could confidently say Glasto will be on this year would be significantly larger than today. 

5 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Just listening to TalkSport (feel free to ridicule me)

One of there reporters is out in China and he has said that they have begun getting 'back to normal' after their shutdown in Jan, could anyone confirm whether it was early or late Jan China went into lockdown ?

China have done well in stopping the spread of the virus...WHO are suggesting everyone do the same as China which is why they were criticising UK method. No idea if will return in China though once things get back to normal...it is like one big experiment.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

China have done well in stopping the spread of the virus...WHO are suggesting everyone do the same as China which is why they were criticising UK method. No idea if will return in China though once things get back to normal...it is like one big experiment.

It’s likely to calm down imminently but return again in the winter. Hopefully by then we’ll have either a vaccine or a better plan in place to deal with it. 

For example Bubonic Plague has never gone away, we just know how to handle it now. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s likely to calm down imminently but return again in the winter. Hopefully by then we’ll have either a vaccine or a better plan in place to deal with it. 

For example Bubonic Plague has never gone away, we just know how to handle it now. 

'Spanish flu' sort-of went away, and quite quickly too. In the 2nd wave the virus mutated to a sort-of standard flu which wasn't particularly lethal. So that's hopeful.

The bad news is that 2nd wave was much more deadly than the first. :( 

Edited by eFestivals

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Interesting. What Glastonbury have on their side is that they are able to introduce new terms and conditions when we pay our tickets off at the start of April.

Would they be able to protect themselves by changing the conditions so that payment of the ticket balance in April is for EITHER Glastonbury 2020 OR should that postponed, Glastonbury 2021. That way they get to keep the money, helping out with cashflow should the festival be postponed.

This seems like a sensible way forward and allows everyone to know where they stand... at least more than at present.

Edited by ProperTea

16:29

Coronavirus measures could be in place 'for months' says UK adviser

Asked if the new coronavirus measures could be in place for 18 months, the government’s chief scientific officer, Sir Patrick Vallance told the Health Select Committee he doesn't know.

However he said they are likely to last for months, “certainly not a couple of weeks”.

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Might have to start the cooking thread so everyone can post their results.

I'm building a raised vegetable bed with a Polytunnel to grow veg and fruit from seed.....more of a hobby and something to do than out of any shortage.....but who knows?

24 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Just listening to TalkSport (feel free to ridicule me)

One of there reporters is out in China and he has said that they have begun getting 'back to normal' after their shutdown in Jan, could anyone confirm whether it was early or late Jan China went into lockdown ?

I'm not at all intending to ridicule you. I watch BBC news in the background as white noise to help me work. 

I do wonder what TalkSport have to talk about this week though? It's all cancelled!!!

6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

I'm building a raised vegetable bed with a Polytunnel to grow veg and fruit from seed.....more of a hobby and something to do than out of any shortage.....but who knows?

me, I've been bulk buying. A huge un-needed amount.

Of logs. We've got enough for the woodburner for heating, but i've bought some in for the summer, for a fire when sitting outside in the garden in the evenings.

Cos there's going to be fuck all else to do. ;) 

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I am so sorry to announce this, the festival is cancelled. Source, Michaels eldest daughter Juliet Eavis. 

Bearing in mind Emily's husband said Paul McCartney wasn't playing this year, there's still hope!