Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

48 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Morning Nobby!

So, I read the Imperial report last night. which would probably be end of May/early June...maybe too late, but who knows. 

Stay Safe!

Hope you don't mind but shared to my FB (friends only). Interesting points.

I really hope it goes ahead, I really do. And I say that as someone who doesn't have a ticket. If there is a resale option then I will still go for it just in-case something is arranged in 2021 for those who have tickets. But (and with no expert knowledge on the subject at all, just based on everything I am reading both positive and negative, on here and from different news companies) I believe there will be no Glastonbury this year. I just can't see how from a logistical point of view the build can get into full swing in a month or so's time. As I say though, I really do hope that I am wrong.

16 minutes ago, stuie said:

Instead of calling posts shit and people deluded, why not explain why you think that?

It's how discussions work.

I have posted my opinions and the discussion was good for a while, but why is it wrong to ask people to stop posting fake news, unsubstantiated rumours and bad science  and to check their sources before sharing? That advice works everywhere on the internet, not just here and it would improve the quality of the discussion no end.

This is a fantastic forum but right now I'd say I've had better discussions about Brexit in the Daily Mail comments section :D

25 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Why should I leave. Is it unreasonable to expect that people just stop posting shit?

I've been a member of this forum for 15 years and I've never seen anything like it.

You've been a member for 15 years - surely you know that it's unreasonable expect people to just stop posting shit now?

49 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

@squirrelarmy I see we have another member in our 100% club, we are growing!

Strangely I’m feeling really positive today about things, hold strong guys!

I think my proposal of the secret party has got people thinking. I wonder if secretglasto can hook us up with a venue. 

26 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

LOOK EVERYBODY, WE'VE GOT ANOTHER EXPERT IN INFECTIOUS DISEASES. TELL THE GOVERNMENT THEY NEED TO GET OVER HERE TO EFESTIVALS NOW!!!!!!!

I believe they are currently all too busy listening to the posters on BBC HYS threads.  Clearly the answer to this will come from ending any statement with "simples" or "end of" uttered by a wide necked, red faced man in his 50s who lives with his mother.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

LOOK EVERYBODY, WE'VE GOT ANOTHER EXPERT IN INFECTIOUS DISEASES. TELL THE GOVERNMENT THEY NEED TO GET OVER HERE TO EFESTIVALS NOW!!!!!!!

oh So you are the only ‘expert’ allowed then, anyone who expresses an opinion different to yours is wrong? And there’s no need for capitals, it’s a bit youtube comments section. I was merely stating what BBC news were saying and pointing out the differences between what we have been doing ie isolating the vulnerable group and stating what might happen if everyone is isolated.

Edited by Smeble

44 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

When do they normally start building the site?

I've had a look at the best shots on BBC's webcam. On 20th March 2017 there wasn't much activity and the site largely looked like it does now. 11th April 2017 was pretty much the same.

This is what I found for 2019:

Beginning of April they started putting the Pyramid's coat on (according to #######). 

End of April is when they started work on Pangea (again, thanks #######!)

I guess the webcam won't give us any hints until April but by then we'll surely have an announcement. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone thinking the upturn in weather is going to change things? It’s beer garden weather right now in Leeds, I want to stick my shorts on. 

I’ve just been in the LGI, one of the biggest hospitals in Yorkshire and everything is business as usual there. 

There is a corona pod outside but it’s deserted, no activity at all. Other than a few posters on the walls you wouldn’t even think there’s a crisis going on. 

If I didn’t look at social media or this site I wouldn’t even think we’re in the middle of a global crisis. 

• Upvote 1

We still have relatively few confirmed cases and even fewer which require hospital care. I think the issue is failure to take preventative measures now will bury the NHS in a month or 2.

That said, Wakefield was a ghost town this morning. Seriously weird seeing it so empty on a weekday.

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Anyone thinking the upturn in weather is going to change things? It’s beer garden weather right now in Leeds, I want to stick my shorts on. 

I’ve just been in the LGI, one of the biggest hospitals in Yorkshire and everything is business as usual there. 

There is a corona pod outside but it’s deserted, no activity at all. Other than a few posters on the walls you wouldn’t even think there’s a crisis going on. 

If I didn’t look at social media or this site I wouldn’t even think we’re in the middle of a global crisis. 

you'd also need to avoid all mainstream media too.

The number of cases is still relatively small...but it is growing, and is likely to keep growing as seen in other countries.
The warmer weather could be a factor though, and slow the spread a bit, but no idea.

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Most definitely! As I've been told to work from home next week I'll probably take myself down to the local Lido and top up my tan ready for Glasto 2020 :) #100%Club

1 minute ago, Gilb said:

Most definitely! As I've been told to work from home next week I'll probably take myself down to the local Lido and top up my tan ready for Glasto 2020 :) #100%Club

I’m also on the work from home list. 3 months isolation should end just in time to get my tent set up somewhere near the park.