Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

1 hour ago, ivan said:

The comment about him protecting insurance companies , implying it would help him.

It’s protecting these insurance companies. We are due to go to jersey on holiday. The advice we are given is that travel there is “strongly advised to only travel if it’s essential” A holiday is obviously not essential but the key words are strongly advised. It’s not a travel ban therefore holiday insurance won’t cover it. A ban on travel apart from key workers is what we need but obviously the  insurance industry has had a word with the government. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Probably not. From my travel insurance (bought well before this virus was a thing):

Screenshot_20200317-141434.png

Got this from my insurers re my annual travel policy:

The unprecedented disruption that Coronavirus is causing across the travel industry has caused us to make some very difficult decisions.

On the 11th March 2020, the World Health Organisation upgraded the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak to a worldwide Pandemic.

Based on this, as of the 13th March 2020, we have classed Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as a “Known Event” in line with the policy terms conditions.

How does this impact me?

If you purchased your policy before the 13th March 2020:

-  For any element of your trip booked before the 13th March 2020, any subsequent claim will be considered in line with the terms and conditions.

For any element of your trip booked after the 13th March 2020:

-  We will not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Nor will we cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning this virus.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s protecting these insurance companies. We are due to go to jersey on holiday. The advice we are given is that travel there is “strongly advised to only travel if it’s essential” A holiday is obviously not essential but the key words are strongly advised. It’s not a travel ban therefore holiday insurance won’t cover it. A ban on travel apart from key workers is what we need but obviously the  insurance industry has had a word with the government. 

My mum lives there and she’s over 70 so I’ve had to cancel coming to see her for the foreseeable future 

3 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

My mum lives there and she’s over 70 so I’ve had to cancel coming to see her for the foreseeable future 

Getting conflicting info from the official tourist info and tour company, can’t see the islanders wanting folk flying in from everywhere yet their government are refusing to outright ban on tourism yet contradicting themselves with their essential travel request. It really is all to do with insurance. We just won’t go and take the hit if we have to. 

I was only 14 or so at the time so have little memory of it, but how comes we didn't have this sort of worldwide action to swine flu in 2009; what's different? wikipedia has the high end estimate that 21% (1.6billion people) got swine flu with half a million deaths. Obviously a lower death rate, is that the only difference causing this different reaction?

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

I was only 14 or so at the time so have little memory of it, but how comes we didn't have this sort of worldwide action to swine flu in 2009; what's different? wikipedia has the high end estimate that 21% (1.6billion people) got swine flu with half a million deaths. Obviously a lower death rate, is that the only difference causing this different reaction?

Been asking the same question and no one seems to be able to give me an answer.

There was also SARS and bird flu !

10 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

That’s a different issue. I was quoting the person referring to a buzzfeed article which is complete and utter rubbish. The article suggest they got their modelling wrong and are only acting now out of panic.

They’ve constantly told us these measures have been coming when the times right. They haven’t changed tack as far as their plan is concerned at all.

The Buzzfeed article was summarised from the Impreial College report. Did you read it? I doubt it, judging by your response.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

The main issue/difference with h1n1, besides media coverage, is incubation time. That's also the reason for everyone self isolating. With any type of flu, including h1n1, the average point of time between infection and symptoms is 2 days. That means you only go around spreading the virus for an extremely short period of time, because once you're sick, you naturally self isolate.

With this virus, your most contagious period can last up to 14 days with you having no idea you are infected. That's why are they trying to force everyone to self isolate for a 14 day period. Then most of the people who were infected would reveal themselves in that time period. 

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Boss says his sister works as an A&E consultant and she thinks should just let the thing spike instead of this dragging on with NHS at 100% for months.

Yeh. Burn it down whilst youre at it. Full on Brexit chat. Par for the course on 'ere.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, H.M.V said:

We wait and see. 

We haven't taken a booking for over a week and I would be uncomfortable and would probably reject and future booking. I think we'll have to focus on last minute. 

As a small business it's all about cash flow and we constantly reinvest in the property. Which is why we have very strict terms. 

Boris has left us high and dry. Cos how can we morally stick to our terms? You can't claim on insurance as a tourist or a business owner. 

So please take the change of date. X

#isocation we can team up with local bars and restaurants. Keep a distance but keep in business. If you agree share the message. 

Share parties for artist's. We can do this. 

I was talking to some of my friends about this and the word cancelled kept coming up- I was just like why does it have to be cancelled? Gigs aren't, they're rescheduled but people kept being like "the holiday will be cancelled", I just kept suggesting asking them to defer it.

PR campaign about deferment is needed I think - something to look forward to even if you don't know when. That's what I'm like with Blossoms at

Manchester Arena - a positive thing to look forward to at some point. 

The restaurant takeaway thing sounds like a good idea - our local pizzeria (amazing food!) has hastily gone onto Just Eat and we're planning a Friday meal from there. 

Frank Turner is doing a gig from his house with a fundraiser for his crew, which is brilliant and I can see more of this coming