Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

It's so upsetting. Cos it's not something you plan for and you pay a fortune for insurance to cover you. We reinvest a lot and always improving. Timing couldn't be worse to be in the middle of a room refurb. 

We need the lockdown to hopefully cover us for business interruption. It will hopefully help bars, restaurants and venues as well. Unfortunately the hospitality community haven't given cheques that the insurance companies have. 

Otherwise we will be promoting #isocation and try and team up with restaurants to provide food delivered. Keep people out of restaurants but people in a job in a safer environment. 

Mate I'm so sorry for you and everyone in  similar position. It sucks so bad. There has been a lot of backlash against Boris' advice without enforcement, so I really hope something changes so businesses can at least claim insurance. So many people are going to be fucked by this.

The economy is in for a really rough ride. I have a regular freelance gig that I'm already worrying will become surplus requirements in a few months. Just no money coming in.

3 minutes ago, Lycra said:

It's little decisions like the that can make a big difference if we all did them. Manage personal risk of yourself & your family and help your friends & neighbour do the same. The better we do this as a while society the quicker the covid 19 emergency will pass. Heed the advice of government and it's health professionals. not the witch doctors.

Its OK to say “ Heed the advice of the Government “ When plenty of people seem to think that’s it an excuse for the Prime Minister to line his pockets FFS !

4 hours ago, H.M.V said:

It's so upsetting. Cos it's not something you plan for and you pay a fortune for insurance to cover you. We reinvest a lot and always improving. Timing couldn't be worse to be in the middle of a room refurb. 

We need the lockdown to hopefully cover us for business interruption. It will hopefully help bars, restaurants and venues as well. Unfortunately the hospitality community haven't given cheques that the insurance companies have. 

Otherwise we will be promoting #isocation and try and team up with restaurants to provide food delivered. Keep people out of restaurants but people in a job in a safer environment. 

Ive written to my local mp about the impact on hospitality etc and what they are going to do to them. Particularly given the help other countries are giving. We're also using restaurants to deliver food whilst on a few days break in aberdeen. We'll keep doing that and support as much as we can.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Quote: Rishi Sunak is expected to set out details of a major new bail-out scheme for businesses today

Fucking hope so, because for the apparently pro-business party the Tories sure gave the middle finger to them yesterday.

5 hours ago, H.M.V said:

If bars, hotels, restaurants etc are forced to close, what happens to staff who are paid by the hour?

23 minutes ago, ivan said:

I thought Aaron Banks backed Mr Farage and gave his party £1m ?

Regarding insurance  possibly the biggest insurers in the UK are

Allianz - German

Axa - French

Zurich - Swiss

So I can’t see Boris being a puppet to European insurers ?  

My mum lives in Spain and they have shut the beach , bars , restaturants etc are in lockdown .  I presume that is a Boris plan as he has shares in European Insurers ?

Or he is an Everton fan and all this is to stop Liverpool winning the league ?

I read last year he was heavily backing boris and was noted to be in line to make a lot of money out of brexit, that may in fact not be true but the impact from yesterdays announcement is real regarding insurance claims. And where other countries are doing all they can to help everyone boris is  not delivering , in my humble opinion..

Lockdown, as in spain,  allows folk to claim for business interruption costs. Boris's decisions yesterday doesnt. 

Edited by Babylon sister

12 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Back to a Glastonbury topic, why do we think Emily released the poster last week when this was foreseeable?

Because it was ready to go? Things have got crazier day to day, I don't think many people honestly expected us to be where we are now at this time last week. We still don't know for sure how long any of this social distancing stuff is going to last, it will depend on what happens with the numbers, both here and in countries ahead of us on the curve, from now on.

And she did release it with that nice intro/caveat of course.

17 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Back to a Glastonbury topic, why do we think Emily released the poster last week when this was foreseeable?

Yeah does seem a bit misguided to give a ‘Here’s how great this year was gonna be’ taster when it seemed pretty clear all of this was on the horizon, or at least was a very realistic eventuality. Fair enough they wanted to continue business as usual until told otherwise, but surely they could’ve delayed the poster release a few weeks/month instead of dangling what will never be in front of our eyes. The poster excitement got drowned out almost immediately.

Edited by FloorFiller
Wording

29 minutes ago, ivan said:

Its OK to say “ Heed the advice of the Government “ When plenty of people seem to think that’s it an excuse for the Prime Minister to line his pockets FFS !

Please explain your comment. How is this an excuse for the PM to line his pocket?

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

And she did release it with that nice intro/caveat of course.

I think it was more about the intro than the poster. There were some mutterings on here about it having to do with declaring intent within the context of insurance, especially since at the time they were between WHO declaring a pandemic and the UK government considering a ban on mass gatherings. But I don't know the technicalities of all that stuff.

4 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Please explain your comment. How is this an excuse for the PM to line his pocket?

The comment about him protecting insurance companies , implying it would help him.

17 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Roman reigns has had cancer and is very much in the risk category. Its insane hes being made to wrestle still

Well they also continued with a PPV when someone died in the ring, so I can't say I'm too surprised!

33 minutes ago, Babylon sister said:

I read last year he was heavily backing boris and was noted to be in line to make a lot of money out of brexit, that may in fact not be true but the impact from yesterdays announcement is real regarding insurance claims. And where other countries are doing all they can to help everyone boris is  not delivering , in my humble opinion..

Lockdown, as in spain,  allows folk to claim for business interruption costs. Boris's decisions yesterday doesnt. 

At lot of folk on Twitter are saying that their insurance doesn’t cover pandemics, so forcing close downs would hurt them even more.

Tube still very busy, no chance of social distance, apparently going to be a reduced service so will just been more people crammed into less trains.

I want to cycle but my work is to far and there is nowhere to lock it.

Sorry to here about those struggling on here, sad times.

Edited by Earth_pig

6 hours ago, DarrenVonBoathook said:

There was an odd news story coming out of Japan a few weeks ago saying it can be caught twice, or at least it seems to have happened in some cases.

Although it mainly seems to be discounted by others, if it is possible, then the how long could someone be contagious for is going to get a lot harder to answer.

Otherwise up to about 10 days say some German scientists, but I don't think anyone is really sure yet.

Some reckon a lot longer than the 14 days recommended but I guess it depends on the person. Will be difficult to know since those at home aren't getting tested as regularly as those in hospital.

The British couple who were on the Cruise in Japan have been told up to 5 weeks because they're still testing positive despite no symptoms. 

58 minutes ago, ivan said:

Regarding insurance  possibly the biggest insurers in the UK are

Allianz - German

Axa - French

Zurich - Swiss

So I can’t see Boris being a puppet to European insurers ?  

those insurers insure themselves - at Lloyds of London

And Lloyds is backed by 'Lloyds names' - deep pocketed people (mostly from the UK) who have to dig into their own pockets to cover any losses by Lloyds.

Edited by eFestivals