Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

34 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

With regard to postponement/rearrangement, why is everyone citing September as a possible month? Is there any logical reason to think September would be a better choice than July/August, or is it just that September is further away?

If postponement is the route they go down I really hope it isn’t in September as I’ll be in a job without the notion to book holiday! (Would still go, just would only get the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday)

19th September 1970 Pilton Pop Blues and Folk Festival 

19th Sept 2020 - 50 years to the day. 

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Carlsberg just launched a Glastonbury tickets competition, most pointless competition ever?

.... or actually worthwhile entering in case their is a replacement for the prize?

2 packs of loo roll and a bottle of carex.

50 minutes ago, DeadAmos said:

Bearded Theory, have just put an update out saying they will decide if the festival is postponed on or before the 12th April

https://beardedtheory.co.uk/covid-19-update/

Yes, I’m well impressed by their organisation, I’m so happy I’ve a chance of getting to a festival this year, recommended for anyone..there’s still tickets

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Now there’s a thought, maybe even the Kinks would actually play this time! After all Marc Bolan and T Rex ain’t around anymore to substitute for them! 

They are the one band missing from the poster that really need to be performing. Would be perfect.

34 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I'm one of the 12 that say it's happening. Because right now, as far as I'm concerned, it is.

It's still 14 weeks away. This is what I expected would be happening when I voted it was happening last time. And it's going to get much worse. 

Speculating over and over and over again all the reasons that it will for sure be cancelled is not peak efests.

Join the 100%ers, we are a very welcoming group and are practically Glasto royalty. 

5 hours ago, jparx said:

Makes me wonder why they dropped the lineup on Thursday. I wonder if they regret it? After the initial excitement, on Friday it immediately felt like it's 95% getting cancelled.

Were they genuinely optimistic, or did they have a strong idea it would be cancelled and releasing the lineup beforehand benefits them in some way? 

Things are changing so quickly with this thing, maybe they still had a bit of hope 🤷‍♀️

Just now, Benja100 said:

Hello are you feeling better today? 

Still feeling grim, spent all day in bed, talking to my son online apparently lots of folk in my town have same symptoms over this weekend.  A mate dropped 2 weeks worth of catfood on the doorstep for me, so I'm sorted to wait it out.  I'd not panic bought or anything, but I'm one of those people who makes big batches of meals and freezes them and has 5kg of rice in the house anyway.  I'm sure it will be fine, thanks :)  I've got a half ounce of weed, half a dozen tabs of military grade acid and a gaming PC, should be ok to pass the time productively.

• Upvote 1