Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

they should just hire no security so we never get kicked out and all live there in an corona-free autonomy for the next 20 years before getting released back in society

I would absolutely stay there for 20 years, not sure how happy the cows would be tho 😂

With regard to postponement/rearrangement, why is everyone citing September as a possible month? Is there any logical reason to think September would be a better choice than July/August, or is it just that September is further away?

If postponement is the route they go down I really hope it isn’t in September as I’ll be in a job without the notion to book holiday! (Would still go, just would only get the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday)

10 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

I work for BBC sport and so I would say this would not be a problem at all. 

The BBC has virtually every room in the premier inn booked from the Tuesday night to the Monday. I wonder if they took the cheap deal and paid up front without the ability to cancel

cos that’s what I’ve done for the pre festival week! 🙁

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

With regard to postponement/rearrangement, why is everyone citing September as a possible month? Is there any logical reason to think September would be a better choice than July/August, or is it just that September is further away?

If postponement is the route they go down I really hope it isn’t in September as I’ll be in a job without the notion to book holiday! (Would still go, just would only get the Friday night, Saturday and Sunday)

A lot of festival around Europe and North America in July and August, easier to get a line up together for September.

Just now, thetime said:

A lot of festival around Europe and North America in July and August, easier to get a line up together for September.

Good point, although that won’t be the case if all the others get rearranged for September as well haha!

6 minutes ago, Dusk1983 said:

Trump saying the fight will run till August and maybe longer. And that’s a guy who has tried to have his head in the sand. 

Time to close this thread.

I also agree that 2021 might not happen either, in fact I can’t see normal life resuming for years.

I know you're just being a troll, but in all seriousness people don't actually need comments like that right now. The last thing we need is mindless trolls scaremongering. It's a bit pathetic. There's one thing bantering about Glastonbury, but spreading shit like "I can't see normal life resuming for years" when people are legitimately concerned about their jobs and family is not necessary.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

I'm not sure a rescheduled date would be better, It'd be an absolute nightmare getting the time off work. Unless I book a year in advance I can forget it.

I don't know why I'm letting this stress me so much, a decision that's completely out of my hands. I'm sure a lot of people on here feel the same but this festival is everything to me. I spend my whole year building it to it. It's one of the only things that gets me through each year. Some people would call me pathetic - it's just another festival. But it's not.

If it's cancelled I'm praying, crossing everything, on the slim slim chance they honour tickets for next year. Cancelling it and refunding tickets would not only be a kick in the face but one to the balls as well. It's a reality I should face up to though :(

4 minutes ago, D-Low said:

I'm not sure a rescheduled date would be better, It'd be an absolute nightmare getting the time off work. Unless I book a year in advance I can forget it.

I don't know why I'm letting this stress me so much, a decision that's completely out of my hands. I'm sure a lot of people on here feel the same but this festival is everything to me. I spend my whole year building it to it. It's one of the only things that gets me through each year. Some people would call me pathetic - it's just another festival. But it's not.

If it's cancelled I'm praying, crossing everything, on the slim slim chance they honour tickets for next year. Cancelling it and refunding tickets would not only be a kick in the face but one to the balls as well. It's a reality I should face up to though :(

Exactly how I feel and fear I will end up back on antidepressants again should it be cancelled.

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

I know you're just being a troll, but in all seriousness people don't actually need comments like that right now. The last thing we need is mindless trolls scaremongering. It's a bit pathetic. There's one thing bantering about Glastonbury, but spreading shit like "I can't see normal life resuming for years" when people are legitimately concerned about their jobs and family is not necessary.

I wasn’t trolling. Also not trying to scare anyone deliberately. It’s what i genuinely believe. Sorry.

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The BBC has virtually every room in the premier inn booked from the Tuesday night to the Monday. I wonder if they took the cheap deal and paid up front without the ability to cancel

cos that’s what I’ve done for the pre festival week! 🙁

It’s kind of dealt with by other companies so in all likelyhood it wold pretty easy to swap the dates or move to a different hotel.

That’s a bummer though, but you weren’t to know and we still don’t know what will happen!

I'm one of the 12 that say it's happening. Because right now, as far as I'm concerned, it is.

It's still 14 weeks away. This is what I expected would be happening when I voted it was happening last time. And it's going to get much worse. 

Speculating over and over and over again all the reasons that it will for sure be cancelled is not peak efests.

• Upvote 2