Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

16 minutes ago, HastingsBoy said:

Blimey. Almighty Emil, Michael et al have the power to make it happen regardless of the bleeding obvious. IT AIN'T HAPPENING! 

Doesnt matter what you  yourself say, they still decide. If the council says otherwise, theyll have that discussion when the time comes. 

Again, Coachella had a gun put to its head and made a postponement happen over the course of a weekend. If any of you have the belief that the almighty Glastonbury could not make the same attempt with even more time to organize a plan, then youve lost the plot as much as Boris has. We do not know exactly what theyre doing right now, its a daily battle to have to sort it all out. If you trust them as you always seemingly have for years on end, then trust that they are looking at everything and will not take their decisions lightly. 

i have to create a few options of what Im going to do whenever they decide to pull their trigger. A lot of you do not. You didnt book a plane flight, hotels, glamping etc 9 months in advance. You have to worry about getting a coach ticket refund at most. If they cancel it til next year and let everyone who made a deposit be able to let it carry over til 2021, ill do that. If they cancel, then i have to see when flight restrictions are going to be lifted and sort out a festival less holiday, and so on and so forth. Its a lot to take in and figure out. 

i will always stay optimistic and hopeful and i hope more of you do to. Not just for the festivals sake, but for your own. 

49 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I have a genuine question. I live on my own, I have family and friends close by though. Currently if I’m well can I go and see them in their houses? None are over 70.

I am not a medical expert. But looking at how quickly it has spread in other countries, I have decided to only leave my home when I have to for work and groceries. But not for fun. 

I just do not want to risk coming into contact with someone who has it, catch the virus and then pass it on. So personally I would say think very hard about what risks you are willing to take for yourself and others...

Taken an about turn and now certain it's not happening.

Much as I adore the Festival my time for the foreseeable future will now be focused on making sure my wife, my family, my work team, my friends, anyone else I can help, and myself, remain safe and well.

Best wishes, without exception, to you all xx

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

We might even get VIP upgrades as we are the few who had enough belief that the festival would happen. 

The guard of honour will be Coldplay.

Edited by Copperface

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Thats it then folks.

No way Glasto can wait until 1 week before to call it off. May aswell do it sooner rather than later.

They'll announce the cancellation in the next couple of days.

jqEk5TO.gif?noredirect

Agreed, I can't see them having not cancelled it this time next week.  I'd guess tonight or tomorrow.

46 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Anyone who thinks there is any chance of it going ahead is clearly deluded. 

34 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah I've changed this from not sure, probably will go ahead to pretty confident it will be cancelled.

Sad, sad, sad times.

It will be cancelled 100%. They've basically said go ahead with it what you want but any medical problems there and your event is not covered and insurance will not pay out on this period.

Every sport is suspended for the same reasons, even lower league football now for 5 weeks at the very minimum. Anything over 500 people I read is considered a mass gathering. But for sporting events they can test everyone and play behind closed doors if needed...they cant test 200k festival goers and all the works in the case of they might be going.

If Emily and Michael run it this year they could effectively be running their last festival as it won't cope illness spreads, you could get groups of people not well and the medical services won't deal with it etc.

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Very interesting. So potentially gives Glastonbury until end of April/early may to make a decision. 

I wonder if there actually is any hope currently of a date reschedule to August or September. I feel fairly sure they are doing everything they can to put on a festival this year. 

Thanks @brettredmayne for posting 

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Interesting...

Just now, ModernMan said:

Very interesting. So potentially gives Glastonbury until end of April/early may to make a decision. 

I wonder if there actually is any hope currently of a date reschedule to August or September. I feel fairly sure they are doing everything they can to put on a festival this year. 

Thanks @brettredmayne for posting 

It does but there is much less planning for Bearded Theory, it's tiny so it doesn't really and Bearded Theory are moving to September already with an update of whether thab can even happen.

Glastonbury statement expected soon, 200k people without any police on site, the festival would be done for the foreseeable