Will coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury ?

Crazyfool01

will Coronavirus lead to the cancellation of Glastonbury   

605 members have voted

1. 1. will it be cancelled ?

• im pretty confident /100% sure it will be cancelled
    • im not sure , but think it will be cancelled
    • it could go either way , ive no idea
    • im not sure , but I think it will probably go ahead
    • im pretty confident /100% sure it will go ahead

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Anyone in the 100% will was definitely choosing that option out of want than a realistic choice.

Or just to send the vocal doom-mongers into meltdown ;)

<Insert 'Triggered' meme here>

34 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I never thought there’d be a thread that would make the previous coronavirus thread seem positive by comparison. 

What a time to be alive. 

Can you remember the first coronavirus thread, the one that didn’t have the poll on?

Now, that was a shining beacon of life-affirming discourse...

Sadly don't think it will go ahead. There's also the financial side of things. Lots of people won't have reliable work and will be expected to take leave. (See Richard Branson) So it's a lot of money to invest if you're staring down the barrel of no wages in the future. We're getting hit as self employed in the hospitality industry. 

On that basis would expect to have a decision before balance payment. 

Also who is going to travel here to play? 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m sticking with my original vote, 100% confident it’s going ahead!

I very much hope you are right and admire your optimism, sir.

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

agree with your points, but if they actually let it go ahead I wouldn't be fussed if all the international acts cancelled and we just rolled chris martin and the boys out to host the pyramid for the day! better than nowt!

23 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

This is something I got absolutely lampooned for suggesting the other day. Funny how quickly things change. Many users ready to shoot down the suggestion that the festival may not go ahead if it lost all its lineup. 

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is something I got absolutely lampooned for suggesting the other day. Funny how quickly things change. Many users ready to shoot down the suggestion that the festival may not go ahead if it lost all its lineup. 

I’ve said it a few times - if it does go ahead it’s very hard to imagine many of the overseas acts playing, especially the likes of Diana Ross

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I’ve said it a few times - if it does go ahead it’s very hard to imagine many of the overseas acts playing, especially the likes of Diana Ross

My argument was that the festival would be cancelled because the entirety of the top line would probably drop out.

I was ridiculed for it.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

My argument was that the festival would be cancelled because the entirety of the top line would probably drop out.

I was ridiculed for it.

Yeah, even if the festival does get the go ahead to take place, it’s hard to imagine the lineup wouldn’t suffer so much so that it becomes a mere shadow of itself. Obviously ‘its not all about the acts’ yada yada, but I’m sure they’d much rather just call it off and wait a year than put on some half baked thrown together festival, especially for the 50th.

The indication that oxfam are still recruiting or potentially looking for extras throws me a straw I am doing my best to grab ... and as posted on the volunteering thread probably means they are recruiting to mitigate the virus impact ... and that the festival haven’t made any decisions as yet ... so my distant hope has probably increased by 1% .... awaiting the boris briefing that’s just started 

I think it's most likely to be cancelled as I expect it to be caught by a probably government ban on large events.

I also think the reality is that we will all, in time, catch the virus no matter what precautions we take.  The only question for me is how long that will take.