Glastonbury 2020

Barney McGrew

Right, this thread is positive, it's an attempt to find a glimmer of light in the dark. Regardless of anything else potentially the festival will not happen in its normal guise this year but all is not necessarily lost, if we can't go to Glastonbury maybe Glastonbury could come to us!

Inspired by the balcony parties in Italy - Three days of music and madness, curated by the festival, and/or the attendees, or maybe the artists... streamed to our front rooms/gardens/sheds/man caves/woman caves, thousands of micro festivals, sharing the love, maybe raising some funds for charities.

This summer is looking like a potential shit sandwich but it would be awesome to have a time and a place, maybe the Eavii could party too, proper inclusive! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Grand idea! Sleep in sleeping bags in the lounge! 

Yes!

Unless you've got a garden then show us your tents and stages... were all connected so easily now, it'd be awesome to see so many people in the same mind space even if their locale was the other side of the world!

It could be beautiful.

Edited by Barney McGrew

9 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Gaz Brookfield did a live streamed Facebook gig today. A whole host of the line-up could do that. Then I'll order in some decent festival food from Deliveroo, crack open a few Thatchers Golds and pass out on the floor later on.

Let's do it.

Even if it wasn't live, there's gotta be a fair old archive of previous sets, put 'em to the vote, 50p donation to charity maybe (the NHS workers would be my preferred cause), maybe Firiday fans night, Saturday Eavis night, Sunday artists pick?

Edited by Barney McGrew

4 minutes ago, fat_man_joe said:

Gaz Brookfield did a live streamed Facebook gig today. A whole host of the line-up could do that. Then I'll order in some decent festival food from Deliveroo, crack open a few Thatchers Golds and pass out on the floor later on.

Let's do it.

Omg how did i miss tht! 
pot noodle for breakfast anyone! 

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Perhaps you could jump the fence 😁

Old skool. Like it. In fact I may not use the gate when entering my own garden. Case the joint first. Couple of shifty eye movements and over the fence. Then I shall spend the weekend in my garden looking very smug, albeit with long sleeves at all times. 😎

1 minute ago, mashedonmud said:

Old skool. Like it. In fact I may not use the gate when entering my own garden. Case the joint first. Couple of shifty eye movements and over the fence. Then I shall spend the weekend in my garden looking very smug, albeit with long sleeves at all times. 😎

Bring a twix.. sustenance + dog sorted!

Edited by Barney McGrew

24 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

Yes!

Unless you've got a garden then show us your tents and stages... were all connected so easily now, it'd be awesome to see so many people in the same mind space even if their locale was the other side of the world!

It could be beautiful.

Grasstonbury 2020 presents: 

The Shed, The Other Shed, The Wind Chime Stage, The Lawn, The Chiminea and Patio Stages... 👌

• Upvote 2