Your greatest Glastonbury moment...

The Red Telephone

The one moment you look back on and think...yes, that’s why it’s my most favourite place on earth and why...

For me: Underworld, West Holts 2016.

Dancing with my wife/ best friend to amazing music with a great crowd around us. We still can’t watch the set back without crying.

Edited by The Red Telephone
  • Upvote 1

Sigur Ros in the JP in 2016 

ho99o9 in the earache express tube carriage was off the charts ridiculous 

Napalm death at the Truth stage was a beautiful moment as an avowed metal fan who has long wanted a bit of heavier music here and there; and now we have a stage! 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

The one moment you look back on and think...yes, that’s why it’s my most favourite place on earth and why...

For me: Underworld, West Holts 2016.

Dancing with my wife/ beat friend to amazing music with a great crowd around us. We still can’t watch the set back without crying.

Second that. 😁

2013 for rolling stones, my grandfather passed away the week before it was his fave band and on his death bed that's was all he could talk about, how lucky I was and how special it will be at Glastonbury and how jealous he was. 

Listening to wild horses was very special moement for me and very emotional. But was the most perfect moement for me and I know he would of loved it himself. 

Was also my favourite year so far place holds a lot of special memories but that one will always be hard top. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Flaming Lips, Park headliner 2017.

My first Glastonbury (At 46 yo). Watched first 15m of Radiohead and we decided to try something else.

Flaming Lips was the most uplifting and magical gig of my life!

This, but also...

Me and the missus got married not long after Glastonbury that year. A friend of mine is a dance teacher, and was volunteered into giving us some desperately-needed first dance lessons during the festival. After the Flaming Lips had finished their stunning Park set, our first dance song (Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World) started to play over the PA, and we decided to get in a bit of practice as the crowd dispersed. As we were dancing I was a bit lost in the moment, but became aware that a few randoms had started to dance in a ring around us, which got bigger as more and more people joined in, until we were in the middle of a huge circle of grinning people, all on a high from the Flaming Lips (and possibly other things).

• Upvote 3

No its not a headliner - in fact its a Group that is not well knowing at all and they did not appear on a stage !!!!!!!!

they were called The Flying Patrol Group

this is one track

http://www.fpg.ecrp1.com/in uniform.mp3

From http://www.fpg.ecrp1.com/tracks.htm

http://www.ecrp3.free-online.co.uk/fpg/Fpg_pics.htm

https://youtu.be/UeP472l4KJ8

it was the 80's and I was on a wander - very late at night 

and I was sitting having a smoke and I could hear a band playing but could not work out why the sound got louder and then out of the darkness the two of them appeared { and they had portable speakers }

It really did capture the soul of Glastonbury - it was really very special whenever I saw them.

Not my Image

FPG-int.thumb.jpg.08933fe5558bdb91cc35128882b53cc3.jpg

Ok picking just one is impossible so I’m going for a top 3

bon iver 2009 never heard of him went along with a friend was open mouthed throughout his full set he finished with the wolves fucking hell  check it out on YouTube incredible 

chic west holts 2013 he played lasts dance and full field erupted not one person stood still was having a full on dance off with the people stood next to us

2019 only me and my twin brother managed to get tickets in our group he’d been having a shit few months in the run up to it so I really wanted to do something with him that he really enjoys. He’s not the sort of person to look at the lineup that doesn’t bother him at all but he’s right into films so on the Sunday night I got us a car in cinemargeddon to watch his favourite film escape from new York he was grinning from ear to ear watching it with his cans lined up on the dashboard quoting all the lines. Walked back to our tent as the sun was rising Monday morning a moment that will stay with me forever 

• Upvote 2

Walking down the camp site which was on the top of the hill at what was then called Top Webbs Ash. I then bumped in to a lad I knew from Birmingham who was just turning a corner and hadn't seen the complete sea of tents across the hillside and beyond. A sea of tents that was immersed in the fading sunlight of a warm summers day. A sea of tents that was also semi submerged in a sea of camp fire smoke. When I had looked back on it just previous to meeting him, I had thought that it resembled a refugee camp. As I met him, we had a laugh, and then I saw his eyes travel beyond me, and for the first time see the whole huge banks of tents and the smoke gently hovering above the tents. That is the only time that I have witnessed another humans eyes light up in amazement and awe. You could see it in his eyes and on his face, as clearly as you could read a book. He turned looked at me, and I kind of nodded. It was a refugee camp, and we both knew it.

Too many moments to choose from set wise Pulp 95, Underworld 99, Hot Chip 2010... too many.

Otherwise, one of my favourite moments was a state of complete chilledness that was almost out of body, 2000 (I think), laid by a fire with my mates at the Sacred Space being serenaded by the Rinky Dink Sound System, just blissful and a perfect ending to an awesome night, the details are hazy but I can remember the feeling of pure bliss as though it just happened.

I didn't pedal, I was floating (may have bought some fudge)!