would it be irresponsible for the festival to go ahead ??

babyblade41

A bit f a change in tack to the other threads on here at the min.

I have a DIL who is working flat out in a children's ward and they are really under pressure.

An inflammatory thread maybe, but would the festival going ahead putting entertainment above the populations welfare be advisable under the current extraordinary circumstances and go against the whole vibe  that it was originally set out to be 

As much as I'll miss it so much and would have been my last this year , I still think the best thing to do is put a halt to it now and also for the small stall holders being kept in limbo for as longer than necessary 

, it's a question that was bought up on another group that has a lot less people than this .

It has been decided that although nothing has been instructed from government it's right not to put anymore stress on the health service as it needs a small amount of first aiders 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just a reminder to people, we’re still in the containment phase with these threads, but we’re only two weeks behind Italy and before long we won’t be able to shut them down quickly enough.

Do we get the instruction from Neil to Self-Isolate by your Beds?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just a reminder to people, we’re still in the containment phase with these threads, but we’re only two weeks behind Italy and before long we won’t be able to shut them down quickly enough.

What’s the R factor on these threads? If we can keep it at R1 or below then we have a chance of preventing more from appearing. 

47 minutes ago, Username50 said:

People still thinking the festival will go ahead? Wow, just wow. 

I think it’s fair that people accept things at different speeds as people look on things differently ... no blame can be directed at people for taking a slightly different outlook to something most of us don’t have a clue about 

I suppose discussing the likes of which stage Haim are going to be playing is a distraction to everything else, but personally it all seems utterly futile to me. I haven’t even given the poster more than a cursory glance. It’s heartbreaking that the 50th almost certainly won’t proceed, but in the grand scheme of things that’s nothing compared to what’s ahead of us now. 

I see the ‘burying our heads in the sand’ club are in this thread shouting for it to be shut down. Can’t believe people still think the festival is going to happen in June. Absolutely zero chance. There are more important things going on. 

I desperately want it to go ahead but there’s not a chance and I think we will know in the next week or 2. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smeble said:

I see the ‘burying our heads in the sand’ club are in this thread shouting for it to be shut down. Can’t believe people still think the festival is going to happen in June. Absolutely zero chance. There are more important things going on. 

I desperately want it to go ahead but there’s not a chance and I think we will know in the next week or 2. 

I’m shouting for it to be shut down because we already have threads to discuss the virus and quite frankly we do not need yet another.

Fuck all to do with heads and sand.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m shouting for it to be shut down because we already have threads to discuss the virus and quite frankly we do not need yet another.

Fuck all to do with heads and sand.

Yes and probably for the same reason the BBC seemed to have disabled comments on all their articles. One thread for the doom and gloom is more than enough, we really don’t need it spreading like the viruses.