Kendrick Lamar ??

bonovox1970

3 hours ago, bombfrog said:

I also have not whined about it and will be going to watch something else. However, the point of this forum is discussion and as far as I know nobody's introduced a rule to say you're only allowed to talk about things you like.

Personally, my feeling is that the festival is trying to repeat the success of previous rap headliners, but (in this country at least) Kendrick hasn't had anywhere near the success of Jay-Z, Kanye or Stormzy. He may be a massive star in the US and he may have won a million Grammys but amongst people I know... I doubt anybody can name one of his tracks.

"All of The Stars" is probably his only relaly famous track, and I do love it, but it's off a film and I don't think it's really representative of what he does.

Maybe I'm just still annoyed with him for that time he took a sledgehammer to a Lambourghini :(

Understand that he’s fairly unheard of in certain circles, but I think I you’ve got it wrong that he’s not a big star over here. He wouldn’t be headlining BST if he wasn’t a huge ticket shifter.

I’d go so far as to say he was the (if not one of) biggest critically and commercially acclaimed star in hip hop to emerge during the 2010s. 

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Anyone brave enough to predict a setlist? Maybe 2 new ones but unlikely we will have an album in next few months is it? Thinking s greatest hits style set?

I'd love to see the set he did in Vegas before Christmas, a career spanning set in chronological order... but it'd be gobsmacked if he didn't have new material out before June. The press release for the Italy gig said there was an album coming so I'd expect it to be big on that plus the big hitters from the other albums.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd love to see the set he did in Vegas before Christmas, a career spanning set in chronological order... but it'd be gobsmacked if he didn't have new material out before June. The press release for the Italy gig said there was an album coming so I'd expect it to be big on that plus the big hitters from the other albums.

I just took a look at that setlist, stunned to see that he hadn't performed The Blacker The Berry since 2016. I'd imagine that would be one of his big hitters live.

4 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Anyone brave enough to predict a setlist? Maybe 2 new ones but unlikely we will have an album in next few months is it? Thinking s greatest hits style set?

Would love for the Vegas setlist but can't see that being what we get at Glastonbury, think it will be quite similar to his setlist at Reading + Leeds. I've taken out the Travis Scott covers, made space for some new music which will no doubt be released by then, added some big-hitters like Poetic Justice, i and ADHD, also expecting Baby Keem to be at the festival and will no-doubt perform with Kendrick on stage.

DNA

ELEMENT

King Kunta

(New Song)

ADHD

Swimming Pools

Backseat Freestyle

Collard Greens

LOYALTY

(New Song)

Money Trees

Poetic Justice

m.A.A.d city

i

PRIDE

Family Ties (with Baby Keem)

Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

LOVE

Alright

HUMBLE

All The Stars

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Would love for the Vegas setlist but can't see that being what we get at Glastonbury, think it will be quite similar to his setlist at Reading + Leeds. I've taken out the Travis Scott covers, made space for some new music which will no doubt be released by then, added some big-hitters like Poetic Justice, i and ADHD, also expecting Baby Keem to be at the festival and will no-doubt perform with Kendrick on stage.

DNA

ELEMENT

King Kunta

(New Song)

ADHD

Swimming Pools

Backseat Freestyle

Collard Greens

LOYALTY

(New Song)

Money Trees

Poetic Justice

m.A.A.d city

i

PRIDE

Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

LOVE

Alright

HUMBLE

All The Stars

I don't see collard greens making the cut, he could condense a few fan favourite deep cuts into a medley, something like ADHD, Hol Up, Act of Peer Pressure, These Walls, XXX? I'd also love a new freestyle thrown in too. Aside from the Baby Keem album, Vegas and the Superbowl he has been so quiet, so we could see some more features before an album rollout around May? Who knows

I think he'll play way more new songs, even at festivals he doesn't really do a 'greatest hits set' he normally revolves his sets around the new album. 

New Song
New Song
DNA
Swimming Pools
Backstreat Freestyle
New Song
King Kunta
Element
New Song
New Song
Loyalty 
New Song
Money Trees
Bitch Don't Kill my Vibe
I
M.a.a.d City

Encore
Humble
Alright
All The Stars

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I really hope he will do a longer setlist than the one he did in Reading, that was not even one hour... Something close to 20 song (5 new ones) would be sweet.

Yeah, I think thats just him, his average set list looks to be 18-20 songs (setlist.fm) with Reading being 17. I can't actually see many live shows where he goes longer than 1 hour 20 mins. 

13 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yeah, I think thats just him, his average set list looks to be 18-20 songs (setlist.fm) with Reading being 17. I can't actually see many live shows where he goes longer than 1 hour 20 mins. 

You have to take in consideration that are not full songs, some are even half. In Reading was the case of Goosebumps, XXX, Big Shot...

I was investigating his setlists from 2018 tour in festivals and you are right, it's about 17 songs the most common pattern. 

Man, I really hope he does something special (like Day N Vegas 2021) and not just a regular short festival setlist.

Edited by AlexOvd

9 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

You have to take in consideration that are not full songs, some are even half. In Reading was the case of Goosebumps, XXX, Big Shot...

I was investigating his setlists from 2018 tour in festivals and you are right, it's about 17 songs the most common pattern. 

Man, I really hope he does something special (like Day N Vegas 2021) and not just a regular short festival setlist.

I think something like the Vegas show (with that set list) would be weird at Glastonbury. Especially when he has a new album to promote.

Just now, chazwwe said:

I think something like the Vegas show (with that set list) would be weird at Glastonbury. Especially when he has a new album to promote.

Yeah, I think the same. I am more talking about lenght rather than content. And again, it will all depends when the new album it's going to be released.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do many rappers go over 90 minutes?

Just to have a clear reference, Kanye headline set in Glasto had 29 songs (not sure about the total lenght):

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kanye-west/2015/worthy-farm-pilton-england-4bc953de.html

Stormzy did 19 in 2019 though:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stormzy/2019/worthy-farm-pilton-england-b91794e.html

10 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Just to have a clear reference, Kanye headline set in Glasto had 29 songs (not sure about the total lenght):

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kanye-west/2015/worthy-farm-pilton-england-4bc953de.html

Stormzy did 19 in 2019 though:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stormzy/2019/worthy-farm-pilton-england-b91794e.html

They were both scheduled for 90 minutes.