Kendrick Lamar ??

bonovox1970

I can't think of the last Pyramid headliner that was not announced on it's own - to allow them to have their moment of glory.

I know the lineup shows Kendrick Lamar at the top, but has there been any confirmation from the Eavis' that Kendrick is actually headlining the Pyramid?

Edited by bonovox1970

1 minute ago, bonovox1970 said:

I can't think of the last Pyramid headliner that was not announced on it's own - to allow them to have their moment of glory.

I know the lineup shows Kendrick Lamar at the top, but has there been any confirmation from the Eavis' that Kendrick is actually headlining the Pyramid?

Maybe he gets nervous and so will sub and Radiohead will headline afterwards.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bonovox1970 said:

The Killers and The Cure were both announced in the poster last year. He's headlining the Friday, he's on the top line in perfect order.

2 minutes ago, Scotdy said:

I haven't seen anyone on the social's comment that they are looking foward to seeing Kendrick Lamar. Nobody is outraged or exstactic... Just mehh. This will be the lowest crowd number for a headliner ever. 

Not after he drops new material and it fucking bangs.

5 hours ago, bonovox1970 said:

I cant think of the last time somebody thought one of the first 3 names on the poster werent the headliners because they dont like a rapper being a headliner or that they need to be announced on their own to have some extra affirmation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Got to say, I really don't understand the fuss about Kendrick. Personally I'd much rather see Anderson .Paak headline and Kendrick play West Holts but hey-ho.

Ok, so Kendrick plays arenas and Paak plays clubs, your point? That Hyde Park headline gig doesnt mean anything at all?

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, Scotdy said:

I haven't seen anyone on the social's comment that they are looking foward to seeing Kendrick Lamar. Nobody is outraged or exstactic... Just mehh. This will be the lowest crowd number for a headliner ever. 

When people say that it usually means that specific artist will have a pretty large crowd. The images in June will very much pop up in here again to show you otherwise.

heres the solution to all of this whining: GO SEE SOMETHING ELSE AND DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT FFS.

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Ok, so Kendrick plays arenas and Paak plays clubs, your point? That Hyde Park headline gig doesnt mean anything at all?

You totally misunderstood my comment. I was stating a preference. Never at any point did I say Kendrick wasn't popular or didn't sell out bigger venues.

42 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I can't believe I need to wade in and say this but I can't remember an artist I've been more consistently excited by in my 20s than Kendrick. It's an elite booking for the festival.

The buzz attending college in the States when GKMC came out was phenomenal. Everywhere you went in North Carolina, he would be blasting out of cars, in bars, on people's phones, the works.

Then the summer of TPAB was...immense. He utterly dominated the year, a necessary voice working at the highest level, bringing Kamasi and Thundercat et al to much higher attention, too. And the tours around DAMN were monumental, as well as the buzz of "HUMBLE." being a bona fide chart smash.

The damp enthusiasm is because everyone's known for months, and there's a global crisis on. He will smash it.

Meh, I tried listening to a few more tracks again today and still struggling. I sort of like the ones I've heard on the radio, but just not working for me. I find all this quite surprising.

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

When people say that it usually means that specific artist will have a pretty large crowd. The images in June will very much pop up in here again to show you otherwise.

heres the solution to all of this whining: GO SEE SOMETHING ELSE AND DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT FFS.

I haven't whined about it. Just pointed out a fact that the comments traffic on Kendrick is non existent. Thanks for telling me I can see something else, didn't think of that. 

I also have not whined about it and will be going to watch something else. However, the point of this forum is discussion and as far as I know nobody's introduced a rule to say you're only allowed to talk about things you like.

Personally, my feeling is that the festival is trying to repeat the success of previous rap headliners, but (in this country at least) Kendrick hasn't had anywhere near the success of Jay-Z, Kanye or Stormzy. He may be a massive star in the US and he may have won a million Grammys but amongst people I know... I doubt anybody can name one of his tracks.

"All of The Stars" is probably his only relaly famous track, and I do love it, but it's off a film and I don't think it's really representative of what he does.

Maybe I'm just still annoyed with him for that time he took a sledgehammer to a Lambourghini :(

Looking forward to him more than any of the headliners, think it will definitely be the the highlight of the 3.

Will also be interesting to see if he has any guests during his set, could think of 2 that would go down a treat, he has the body of work to just do it by himself though