Robyn

Matt42

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Vs Lana? That would suck. Get her on vs. Noel and now we’re talking - would sacrifice a front spot for McCartney for that pre-party vs. Noel chugging his way through everybody’s second favourite Oasis songs.

That would be ideal. The only problem is I can see myself getting obliterated and staying for the bangers Dua Lipa will bring afterwards. 

6 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

She headlined Madison Square Garden and tons of European festivals last year. I think you’re hoping for a bias confirmation that maybe isn’t there.

She’s definitely more of a critical than commercial favourite, huge live draw if not a chart-breaker anymore, but also easily got the heft to play a big slot on Other. 

I like Robyn, I'm just being realistic about where I see her placing. As soon s she did was playing around Glastonbury but not there last year I thought she was a banker for this year.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That Lorde show looked amazing. Missing that is definitely one of my biggest regrets.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Thinking also of Lorde in 2017. Robyn’s crowd a good shade older (and queerer) but a high quality pop show in that slot can really work.

I managed to squeeze in Lorde, XX, and Radiohead. It was hard but Lordes set was one of the best sets I’ve seen on the other stage.

It was really difficult walking away to go and see Radiohead, and Radiohead are my favourite band. That’s how good it was.

6 minutes ago, august1 said:

Sunday night Park headline which closes early?

Would be a good pull away from sub headliner/early Swift

What I’m hoping is Robyn is subbing the other on Saturday or subbing Taylor. 

I don’t think it would be right to put her up against Lana.

Absolutely made up with this - agree with everyone that the sunset slot will be a treat

she has re-invented herself with the return of Honey and looks like she really brings it live 

any setlist with that honey / indestructible medley will be a party and would hope she’ll turn up somewhere in Bloc 9 after

this performance of ‘Dancing On My Own’ from Jools the other year really has everything

https://youtu.be/nGFeO-Yj6bo