Robyn

Matt42

Excited about this one. Not played since 2011 (I think).

Someone I’ve never had the chance to catch, so shes definitely a must see. Definitely the cult following pop act of the year.

Can’t seem to place her on the lineup though. She could either play a massive slot like sub or even sub the other stage or something. It reminds me a bit of The National the other year. I think we had some doubt whether they would get given a sub slot, but in the end they did.

I imagine this is a popular booking here too. I could also imagine that some users have probably never heard of her.

AE0FAC63-C3DE-4761-A937-B573BAC75F25.png

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

She’ll sub the Other. Putting money on the table for that right now.

Could be before any of Fatboy, PSB or Dua to be honest. But the slot makes sense. She’ll guide the sunset majestically and lead into a big dance act.

This current tour of hers is one of the most powerful shows I’ve seen in my adult lifetime. Hits and theatrical flair to spare. Can’t wait to see it again.

If she's other then she plays 3rd I think, she's not really big enough for sub.

7 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

She’d do better than Courteeners or Emili Sandé for numbers and actual crowd excitement, for starters.

Let’s see how it shakes out. It’s a hard one to place. JP and WH headline slots seem to be taken so I can’t see her subbing there. Top 3 Other is a sensible call.

I'm not sure who's on the other JP slots. I see her as a JP headliner level which would put her 3rd down Other, Other subs a lot of the time can do arena tours, I think Robyn has done Ally Pally but one area doesn't say she's an arena act.

I know she was always touring around the time but I wasn’t expecting her on the lineup at all. Best surprise on there for me. Fingers crossed she doesn’t get given some shit clashing slot. Pyramid sub or third would be ideal, but I can see her getting an Other sub, so fingers crossed that’s not vs. somebody good, although tbh it’d cause a dilemma either way. Pyramid sub plz Emily - give her what she deserves!

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

She headlined Madison Square Garden and tons of European festivals last year. I think you’re hoping for a bias confirmation that maybe isn’t there.

She’s definitely more of a critical than commercial favourite, huge live draw if not a chart-breaker anymore, but also easily got the heft to play a big slot on Other. 

I went to nos alive last year and she wasn’t even on the main stage, let alone headlining it (missed her sadly though as she clashed with the cure).

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I can see her sub the other stage on Friday. 

Vs Lana? That would suck. Get her on vs. Noel and now we’re talking - would sacrifice a front spot for McCartney for that pre-party vs. Noel chugging his way through everybody’s second favourite Oasis songs.

Im good as long as shes not headlining a stage. 

I can remember I was 1000% expecting her to be released on the second lineup wave last year, even though she was billed as a uk exclusive somewhere else. People were giving me hope saying there was precident. 

Macca was the other soul crushing disappointment last year. 

And now, 2/3 of my top must sees (that I havent previously seen) are there this year. Its gunna be a good summer.