Whose Missing? (First Poster Edition)

Hutchmaster

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Still going with Aerosmith being one of the big ‘surprises’ Emily has talked about which explains their absence from the poster - they just ruined that surprise by emailing the tour dates to their fans. Will still be a surprise to a lot of people regardless.

It would be a big surprise if they didn’t  turn up as a surprise act, though in the current climate nothing would surprise me 

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

As I said in the other thread

“Who is strongly rumoured and not on the poster?

Aerosmith
Royal Blood
Alicia Keys 
Biffy Clyro
Bicep
Carl Cox
Floating Points
Fun Lovin Criminals
Inhaler
Orbital
Wolf Alice

Interesting omissions.

I’ve seen on Twitter a maybe not so ludicrous suggestion that they have lost Aerosmith potentially due to coronavirus concerns? Or will they just be playing a surprise set? Seems a bit silly for them to do a surprise set now!”

A lot of these omissions are the things I was quite excited about!

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That’s very useful, if they’re consistent it means most but not all of the major acts we now know, it’s those lower down the bill that are to come. That’s in line with previous years too I reckon. So, don’t expect too many more big names.

I think it mirrors last year with the two Other Stage subs missing and the optimist in me also thinks we’re waiting on the Sunday Pyramid sub, although that may be off the mark!

1 hour ago, mttJ said:

I think it mirrors last year with the two Other Stage subs missing and the optimist in me also thinks we’re waiting on the Sunday Pyramid sub, although that may be off the mark!

I’d love to think that but I’m keeping my expectations low. Just because we got excited last year that Vampire Weekend weren’t subbing.

In 2016 we were indeed missing a sub but usually the first poster comprises all the big slots on the pyramid.

10 minutes ago, Badlands said:

We’ve got 30 more acts this year compared to last years poster. I’m not sure we’ll get much more on the Other/JP stages. West Holts seems light to me at the moment.

Really? I think there is quite a lot of West Holts type acts with the likes of Gilberto Gil, Snarky Puppy, Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes, Seun Kuti, KOKOKO!, Herbie Hancock etc as well the headliners we know.

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Not playing

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Pretty sure they confirmed themselves as not playing a couple of weeks back.

Ahhhhh I missed that. Interesting. 

Tricky to place a lot of the acts.

I'm praying for Manics headlining JP on Friday, but most likely they'll be late afternoon Pymild or t'Other.

A lot of the rock acts that are missing that I liked from @Brave Sir Robin’s playlist I am expecting on William’s Green. Looking at last year’s Clashfinder the Williams Green acts were great, and I don’t think many, if any, were on the First poster.

Acts I’m thinking missing that will be on Williams Green are Murder Capital, Warmduscher, Black Country New Road, & Dry Cleaning.

18 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Coldplay :ph34r:

I think Aerosmith are the only big surprise. Maybe Calvin Harris, too. Not sure we were ever really that sure on him anyway though.

I think if Calvin Harris is playing Pangea they have left him off the main poster for now so they can use him as a big announcement for their lineup 

29 minutes ago, assorted said:

A lot of the rock acts that are missing that I liked from @Brave Sir Robin’s playlist I am expecting on William’s Green. Looking at last year’s Clashfinder the Williams Green acts were great, and I don’t think many, if any, were on the First poster.

Acts I’m thinking missing that will be on Williams Green are Murder Capital, Warmduscher, Black Country New Road, & Dry Cleaning.

Yeah I reckon all of those will be on WG, which you're right, didn't have any on the first poster last time around. The WG bill has been great the past couple of fests, hopefully keeps it up this year.