2020 Must Sees

Hugh Jass

I mean I keep going in circles. 

Sometimes I feel like I’m missing something to make myself over the moon. But then I look at Kendrick, Taylor, Lana, Robyn, Kacey, Diana Ross and I’m like damn.

So... I guess I’m just spoilt?

Edited by Matt42

Macca, Diana Ross, Supergrass, TLC.

There’s LOADS I want to see but the is my will not miss list so far. Mainly as I’ll never see them again.

Yes, I have varied tastes.

Seriously stacked line up -

Must sees

Taylor Swift

PSB

Manic Street Preachers

Dua Lipa

Crowded House

Diana Ross

London Grammar

Kacey Musgraves

TLC

Robyn

Would like to see

Haim

Charli XCX

The Big Moon

Editors

Happy Monday’s

Camilla Cabello

Sam Fender

Candi Staton

Soccer Mommy

Got to be honest, lots I'm happy about and lots Ill enjoy watching but absolutely no "Must sees" yet for me until Orbital get announced. Diana Ross and PSB are close I suppose and Fatboy will be hard to beat but so far not a single act I wouldn't pass by if a real must see came along.

Edited by bombfrog

Obviously, I need to get a ticket first! 

But once that small matter is dealt with(!!!): 

MUST SEES: Macca, Candi Staton, Confidence Man, Fontaines DC, Squid 

WANT TO SEE (CLASHES PERMITTING): Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals, Cage The Elephant, The Isley Brothers, Metronomy, The Specials 

There are more I'd see happily too to be honest. 

I have a group all with very different music tastes so I think there will be a lot of compromises but in a world where i was by myself i would consider a must see...

Skunk Anansie
J&M Chain
Charlie XCX
Confidence Man
Editors
Lana Del Rey
Pet Shop Boys
Sinead O’Connor

PLUS first (and likely only) time at Glastonbury so as a sorta tourist I want to see one Pyramid headliner. Probably Paul or Taylor and it will be decided by my group as I don’t really care about either I just want to experience the giant singalong thing (which is why I’m not choosing Kendrick I think the other two will have the more energetic singalongs).

Would like to see - Suzanne Vega, Angel Olson, Anna Calvi, Baxter Dury, Big Moon, Big Thief, Caribou, Danny Brown, Fatboy Slim, FKA Twigs, Fontaines DC, The Specials, Thom Yorke

So yeah, I’m very happy with the lineup. Not caring about the Pyramid headliners doesn't bother me. There will be some tough group choices ahead haha.

Amazing job Emily on the gender balance-  just looking over my list again and without even realising it, 13 of the 19 acts I have picked out are female, and the male ones are mainly oldies (PSB, Crowded House, Manics, Happy Monday’s)

Surely this shows how many great female acts are out there at the minute, and also how Glastonbury is doing a great job at improving diversity, while other Festivals are shamefully stuck in the past.

Bravo Emily 👏

Elbow.

How many times have they played?

That's how many times I've missed them due to volunteering commitments or clashes or just plain old fuckwitted forgetfulness.

Possible clash hell again.

Bring on the full line up and stages and times announcement. Can't start to really plan things 'till that drops.

11 hours ago, circus92 said:

Just reading my list back, and as I have mentioned elsewhere - where are the rock bands?

I mean, if I get to see even half of those on my list I will be ecstatic, but would love a bit more rock ... you know what I mean?

Does feel like a very poppy poster to me. 

If I'm being honest there aren't (m)any must sees for me on there but a lot of would like to sees. I'm not complaining, it's quite liberating if anything but expecting a lot more down the line and I have some research to do. 

Mine is honestly about half the poster, definitely gonna be some clashes but when the line up is this good who cares

Kendrick

Elbow 

'Mondays

Angel Olsen 

Jarv Is... 

Metronomy 

Pheobe Bridgers

Robyn

Soccer Mommy 

Pet Shop Boys 

Dua Lipa

The Specials 

Edited by Sargey Babes

PSB, Kendrick Lamar, Happy Mondays, DiRo, Baxter Dury, Sinead O'Connor, TLC are my Must Sees

Probably a few more that my husband will want and then there's loads on there that I'd be happy to go along to. 

All in I'm super happy with this announcement and I can't wait for more to come! Good Job Glasto!