The poster 2020

MetaKate

58 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This a hunch or actual info? Can’t see where Biffy would fit now, unless they’re our missing Sunday sub, or a secret act.

Two of the Three I have spoken to, I will leave that there if you don't mind. All top secret btw :)

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I do like Fatboy. He's often my go to when I don't want to watch a headliner! But given that he always plays, it does suck a little bit that he's taken away a potentially good "Other headliner sized act" away.

However, it's the 50th and it's Fatboy and he bloody loves it, so fair play 🙂

He headlined Bestival one year and it was Fatboy slim bells on - confetti canons / balloons etc so should be a little more than his standard set you might catch in the unfairground.

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

My musical knowledge is nowhere near the level of most of you on here but I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed at everything below the 3 Pyramid Headliners.

Possibly due to the fact I have no tickets, possibly due to the worries about coronavirus - who knows!

Not really sure what I was expecting and of course we could have some big announcements between now and the festival :) 

Time to get stuck in to the playlist and see what I have been missing out on!

I am also a little underwhelmed. Most of the things I'm excited about are actually kinda old 90s acts that I loved at the time but was too young to actually get to see. I actually thought the initial 2019 poster was stronger....but that got loads of grief so wtf do I know!

Crucially:

1. For me, usually most of the really fun stuff is announced later. The initial drop is never that aligned to my tastes but this in no way detracts from how much I love it (clearly)

2. There are lots of things on there I'm not too familiar with and I cannot wait to give them all a good listen over the next few days/weeks 

3. I just want Glasto to be able to go ahead so much that at this point the lineup is largely irrelevant!!!!

Was a little underwhelmed at first - mainly because there weren't any big suprise additions for me, and the disappointment of no Wolf Alice.

But I've just done a quick count and there's 14 acts I definitely want to see, 13 I would like to see and 6 I have a vague interest in. That's a very solid lineup already, and then there's the lower end of the main stages and Williams Green which really delivered last year. Plus potential surprise sets.

So yep, happy with that!

I am loving the lineup 

I think there is  a 2nd poster to come out with it being the big 50

But Candi Staton, Fontains DC Caribou , Happy Mondays.the jesus and Mary Chain and the Avalanches to name a few

never normally want to see anyone off the poster

Fat Boy slim will be doing something amazing I am sure I still have them glasses that made everlasting a smiley face somewhere 

Seeing the first poster drop just makes me sadder I haven't got a ticket...

I could entertain myself all weekend with who's on there already and not have to watch the Pyramid headliners if the scheduling is better than last year (clash-city for me).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grilladelphia said:

Black Uhuru what a pleasant surprise! 'guess who's coming to dinner' is going to be shelllllings

nowadays it's 'kids' who are Black Uhuru (probably not born in their heyday). There's a brief cameo from Duckie. At least, that's how it was when I saw them 5-ish years ago.

Great tunes, but not really Black Uhuru.

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nowadays it's 'kids' who are Black Uhuru (probably not born in their heyday). There's a brief cameo from Duckie. At least, that's how it was when I saw them 5-ish years ago.

ah fair - still, considering the lack of reggae on the rest of the first poster ill take that for now and hopefully some nice bits pop up at some smaller venues

edit: reminds me of seeing Musical Youth a few years ago at Boomtown, who are no longer youths surprisingly :) 

Edited by grilladelphia

7 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh...I am a little inclined to agree

7 hours ago, circus92 said:

That’s the bit I don’t like - he is filling one of the 6 “big” slots.  Is it not a bit of a lazy booking?

Dont get me wrong,  I don’t mind him, and he kinda deserves it but it just feels a bit underwhelming and not even close to “Pyramid Sized”

Have to disagree. 

He is deffo Pyramid sized, he headlined IOW last year, he pulled over 200,000 to his Brighton Beach event years ago, he's playing a Russian stadium this year. He is IMO as big as the Chems or Prodigy who would both headline the Other. He gets dismissed by Glasto regulars because he chooses to play the festival as often as he can for very low fees for the love of it, but he is a massive headline act. 

1 hour ago, grilladelphia said:

ah fair - still, considering the lack of reggae on the rest of the first poster ill take that for now and hopefully some nice bits pop up at some smaller venues

there's never enough reggae. :( 

I'm hoping Glasto get Third World before it's too late. Saw them back in the eighties at Sunsplash, but also a few years ago - and they were excellent ... they're also not really the same band, tho still have Stephen "Cat" Coore and Richard Daley both playing a full part.

The only surprise is Robyn but there is a lot on there I want to see. Most of the acts I want to see this year are female.

its great how they’ve got Taylor, Lana, Kacey, Robyn, Camila, HAIM, Charli XCX, Dua Lipa, FKA Twigs in the same year. It’s like the stan wars!

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm hoping Glasto get Third World before it's too late. Saw them back in the eighties at Sunsplash, but also a few years ago - and they were excellent ... they're also not really the same band, tho still have Stephen "Cat" Coore and Richard Daley both playing a full part.

ah that would be amazing too - also some of the new wave guys like Protoje would be a great addition, not sure how likely though

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Best reggae set for me was Congos in 2010 (I think). Absolutely perfect set for the weather that year.

Happy Monday’s are an odd booking and no mistaking. They tend to steer clear of acts that just tour the arse out of their legacy, so to see them on the lineup is a right surprise. Only seen them once and they were shite, might see what they’re like these days.

Edited by Badlands

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Was going to look up who was in them now

remember seeing them on the Pyramid in 82 and possibly 83 (headlining) where brilliant. I will still go along to have a skank though