The poster 2020

MetaKate

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Snow patrol are doing a lunchtime, reworked set at latitude, so more than possible a daytime / opening other spot at Glasto ? 

Maybe so. I know they could just get added onto  the poster or schedule as have other acts in the past. It would be a cool to have them be an opener and do the reworked set. Its for the GF, not me. Cause it seemed that they were well on their way to being on there. Time will tell. 

question, the balance window is still in April Im assuming and thats not going to change? Or do we think theyll change it if need be according to whats going on.

Edited by Suprefan

11 hours ago, circus92 said:

Please, please be that.🤞

Taylor is my No 1 must see, and no interest in Fatboy.

I can understand why he has got it, but Other Headliner - really?

I do like Fatboy. He's often my go to when I don't want to watch a headliner! But given that he always plays, it does suck a little bit that he's taken away a potentially good "Other headliner sized act" away.

However, it's the 50th and it's Fatboy and he bloody loves it, so fair play 🙂

Edited by Sasperella

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I do like Fatboy. He's often my go to when I don't want to watch a headliner! But given that he always plays, it does suck a little bit that he's taken away a potentially good "Other headliner sized act" away.

However, it's the 50th and it's Fatboy and he bloody loves it, so fair play 🙂

Someone mentioned in another thread that it would make sense if he ends up bringing on secret special Guests....

13 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

he's taken away a potentially good "Other headliner sized act" away.

That’s the bit I don’t like - he is filling one of the 6 “big” slots.  Is it not a bit of a lazy booking?

Dont get me wrong,  I don’t mind him, and he kinda deserves it but it just feels a bit underwhelming and not even close to “Pyramid Sized”

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, circus92 said:

That’s the bit I don’t like - he is filling one of the 6 “big” slots.  Is it not a bit of a lazy booking?

Dont get me wrong,  I don’t mind him, and he kinda deserves it but it just feels a bit underwhelming and not even close to “Pyramid Sized”

Yeh...I am a little inclined to agree

Just now, The Dawg said:

Three bands that I know are playing that are not on that list. The Murder Capital, Working Mens Club and Biffy Clyro....

Hold on folks, a lot more to come.

This a hunch or actual info? Can’t see where Biffy would fit now, unless they’re our missing Sunday sub, or a secret act.

The line ups are never really to my tastes but so glad I have a ticket.. it's my few days to drift along without a care and re-charge.

I would be gutted if Aerosmith didn't get there but  never mind I'm sure I won't be dis appointed. 

My daughters group weren't lucky this year but they haven't had to miss one yet in years ..I missed last years so I know what it feels like .

It will be my last though this time, at my age I have to cram in as much as possible as I have so little time in a year to take a break having many rescue animals and have other things I want to do 

Spent this morning blasting Dizzee Rascal through my headphones, saw him at beachbreaklive in 2011 maybe? It had rained for 2 days and the sun came out when he started  Holiday and everyone went insane! Never seen such a change in a crowd. One of my favourite festival moments of all time! 

My musical knowledge is nowhere near the level of most of you on here but I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed at everything below the 3 Pyramid Headliners.

Possibly due to the fact I have no tickets, possibly due to the worries about coronavirus - who knows!

Not really sure what I was expecting and of course we could have some big announcements between now and the festival :) 

Time to get stuck in to the playlist and see what I have been missing out on!

52 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Yup. It stinks of "Someone's pulled out" to me.

Anyone else thinking that the "work" we do on here, piecing together the potential line up, rumours etc, detracts from the poster drop? 

There were very few surprises for me yesterday. 

Amazing line up, don't get me wrong, but I scanned through and just kinda thought "yep we knew all that". 

I think FBS is just a nostalgic nod to it being the 50th, it wouldn’t happen in any other year.

By the time we get the full lineup it will be completely stacked with quality throughout. Headliners are more symbolic than anything else, there will be plenty of ‘other headliner worthy’ acts elsewhere throughout the festival 

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Anyone else thinking that the "work" we do on here, piecing together the potential line up, rumours etc, detracts from the poster drop? 

There were very few surprises for me yesterday. 

Amazing line up, don't get me wrong, but I scanned through and just kinda thought "yep we knew all that". 

I see no value in surprises. I like them well enough if they're there, but I'm the type of person  who would carefully peel back the tape and pre-open my Christmas gifts. Im happy enough for a confirmation. One year my mother found out and took a few presents back. I learned 0 lessons.

I think where it fails, is certain situations like Aerosmith where people are expecting them and then they're not on there and its disappointing.