The poster 2020

MetaKate

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

Paul Mccartney, Taylor Swift, Diana Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Suzanne Vega, Thom Yorke, Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, Thundercat, Tinariwen, TLC, Tom Misch & Yussef Daves, Tones and I, The Waterboys, The Staves, Supergrass, Robyn Rufus, Wainwright, Sam Fender, Sampa the Great, Seun Kuti, Sinead O'Connor, Skunk, Anansie, Snarky Puppy, Soccer Mommy, The Specials, Squid, Supergrass, London Grammar, Mabel, Manic Street Preachers, Metronomy, Nadine Shah, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Nybya Garcia, The Orielles, Pet Shop Boys, Phoebe Bridgers, Primal Scream, Richard Dawson, Herbie Hancock, Imelda May, The Isley Brothers, Jarv is..., Jehnny Beth, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Kacey Musgraves, Kano, Kelis, Khruangbin, Kokoko!, La Roux, Lana Del Ray, Laura Marling, Lianna La Havas, The Lightning Seeds,  Charlie XCX, Clairo, Condifence Man, Crowded House, Danny Brown, Declan Mckenna, Dizzee Rascal, Dua Lipa, Eartthgang, EOB, Editors, Elbow, Fatboy Slim, FKA Twigs, Fontaines D.C, Gilberto Gil & Family Glass Animals, Goldfrapp, Greentea Peng, Groove Armada, HAIM, Happy Mondays, Aitch, AJ Tracey, Anderson Paak & The Free Nationals, Angel Olsen, Anna Calvi, The Avalanches, Banks, Baxter Dury, Beabaddobee, The Big Moon, Big Thief, Black Uhuru, Blossoms, Brittany Howard, Burna Boy, Cage the Elephant, Camila Cabello, Candi Staton, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Celeste

Gil! Scott! Heron!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

48 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Best poster drop I've seen in my time - it's ridiculously stacked!

This. I think my record for “want to see” acts on poster day is about 20 in 2013. I’ve 25-ish on this.

expected Aerosmith and Alicia Keys but to be fair, if they end up on the line up I’ll be sweating over the clashfinder like a crack addict on giro day.

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Please, please be that.🤞

Taylor is my No 1 must see, and no interest in Fatboy.

I can understand why he has got it, but Other Headliner - really?

I reckon he’d pull a massive crowd to be fair. Maybe to divide numbers when Macca is on?

1 minute ago, blue6field said:

Love it!

Specials!! Hopefully nice sunny afternoon pyramid slot!

Sunday according to reports.

I'd lost interest in them due to diminished numbers but the new album has breathed some life into their set by all accounts.

• Upvote 1

As much as I love the line-up, can’t help thinking it is a massive departure from the norm.  I mean there seems to be a real lack of “rock” bands and a lot more “pop”.

I am not complaining at all as my tastes lean to the pop side ( must sees are Taylor, Dua, PSB, Charli etc), but I love all sorts of music and would have liked 1 or 2 big guitar bands to give a good mix.

I love that they are embracing change, but can’t help feeling they have went a bit too far.

Maybe they still have a few big bands to add in.

• Upvote 2

Some amazing stuff there. Danny Brown and EARTHGANG are real pleasant surprises, hopefully having Kendrick there ups the amount of hip-hop across the board. 

If this was the whole line up I'd be smitten, best poster since 14 for me. The amazing feat nailing the 5050 gender split as well, I didn't even realise when going through which is perfect.  

Just gimme the bills green line up and I'm sorted. Having a night of worrying about viruses, hopefully my season ticket is the only one that gets hurt at this point.

Emily’s Other headliners being pyramid level was a strange over reach. Fatboy slim can’t have been lined up for the slot if that’s what she went with to tease the Other headliners. He’ll pull a big crowd never mind.

Slightly underwhelmed but there’s a handful on there I’m looking forward to so that’ll do me.

Man this is such a great poster for me. It's rare there's this much I want to see on the first one.

Had a great time sitting opposite my mate in the pub this evening when it dropped. Putting the phone on the table and turning it around as we each read opposite sides of the circular poster and shouting out names we liked when we saw them.

• Upvote 1