The poster 2020

MetaKate

8 minutes ago, K2SO said:

This is such a weird lineup for me. There's a nice handful of names I like, but I feel a bit disappointed.

I think the 2019 poster was so strong that this one is kinda pale in comparison. Remember last year when Miley was on there? It was MASSIVE... Now the biggest pop for me is Confidence Man.

I don't know if I expected too much or what, but I feel like that lineup is kinda weak for a Glasto lineup. I hope everyone else is happy though!

I get what you mean. On a personal note, I think the undercard is absolutely stacked in terms of middling/smaller acts, but being lucky (gig wise!) enough to live in London, there's no one there I'm gutted to miss as can probably catch them at a show separately or have already seen recently. Obviously seeing them in the sunshine at Glasto would be much better though!

I still really want to go and will give the resale a whirl, but I wouldn't be as gutted as when I missed out in 2017.

Seems to be pleasing a lot of people here which is good!

2 minutes ago, Stevie P-alike said:

A whopping forty-one on there for me after playing Brave Sir Robin's playlist almost non-stop for about 2 months now. Well worth the effort.

Somebody who works at the BBC has just told me that Lana del Ray has cancelled already. Anybody else heard that one?

I know she has cancelled a lot of earlier dates due to illness 

Plenty I'd see but most I already have before. Considering it's the 50th anniversary was anyone else kind of hoping for, I don't know, more?

Nothing really stand out from this. I know this is only the initial poster with plenty more to come but nothing about this shouts 50th anniversary.

• Upvote 5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this must be the earliest the first poster has been dropped in years?

I have tickets for Roskilde, trying for tickets for Glastonbury in the resale of course, but nothing on that poster excites me as much as The Strokes at Roskilde does. It's weird, but both festivals seems to have given a big middle finger to rock bands this year.

Just now, D-Low said:

Plenty I'd see but most I already have before. Considering it's the 50th anniversary was anyone else kind of hoping for, I don't know, more?

Nothing really stand out from this. I know this is only the initial poster with plenty more to come but nothing about this shouts 50th anniversary.

I was hoping for more. Something like wow. It's not bad, there is quality there, but I was expecting something much bigger. There are festivals in Europe with stronger line ups / bigger names

7 minutes ago, Stevie P-alike said:

A whopping forty-one on there for me after playing Brave Sir Robin's playlist almost non-stop for about 2 months now. Well worth the effort.

Somebody who works at the BBC has just told me that Lana del Ray has cancelled already. Anybody else heard that one?

I imagine they will have had a latest word from the acts before releasing the poster.

Perhaps they're mixed up with cancelling the spring tour?

The thing with surprises is, you cant spend every second trying to figure out the surprise and then also be disappointed you weren't surprised. 

It's like when I was little and I used to peel back the tape and open my presents when no one was around. I knew what I was doing. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I was hoping for more. Something like wow. It's not bad, there is quality there, but I was expecting something much bigger. There are festivals in Europe with stronger line ups / bigger names

My thoughts. Mad Cool springs to mind. Seem to be sharing a LOT of the acts and plenty more to my tastes. I'm sure there'll be hundreds more when the full line up is out but I'm not overwhelmed with this in the slightest.

29 minutes ago, K2SO said:

This is such a weird lineup for me. There's a nice handful of names I like, but I feel a bit disappointed.

I think the 2019 poster was so strong that this one is kinda pale in comparison. Remember last year when Miley was on there? It was MASSIVE... Now the biggest pop for me is Confidence Man.

I don't know if I expected too much or what, but I feel like that lineup is kinda weak for a Glasto lineup. I hope everyone else is happy though!

I'm the flip. There's way more here for me this year, but last year had lots of middling with no must sees. So I get where you're at, sure you'll have a great time nonetheless though :)

14 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

I get what you mean. On a personal note, I think the undercard is absolutely stacked in terms of middling/smaller acts, but being lucky (gig wise!) enough to live in London, there's no one there I'm gutted to miss as can probably catch them at a show separately or have already seen recently. Obviously seeing them in the sunshine at Glasto would be much better though!

I still really want to go and will give the resale a whirl, but I wouldn't be as gutted as when I missed out in 2017.

Seems to be pleasing a lot of people here which is good!

I'm in the same boat mate. Everyone on the lineup I'd want to see, I've seen before or am seeing before the festival anyway, bar Macca and Taylor.. And even then, it looks like my girlfriend and I will be split up when they're on due to clashes!