Is all the Coronavirus chat making anyone else come on here less?

GrumpyRaver

I’m logging on a lot less at the moment as I can’t be arsed with all the doom and gloom and scaremongering on here. I’ve always come here for an escape, excitement and fun, but there’s very little of that seemingly right now and it even spills onto the threads which aren’t about Coronavirus (of which there are already too many).  The way it’s going, I may just fully opt out until much closer to the festival.

Anyone else feel similar, or is it just me?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This time of year is an odd one on the forum, the festival is close enough that it's getting busy but there isn't really much to say until the first poster drops. Normally this void is filled with assorted bullshit some of it funny some of it tedious but this year along comes this bug to fill the gap and unfortunately I think it's going to dominate until we've more solid news.

6 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I’m logging on a lot less at the moment as I can’t be arsed with all the doom and gloom and scaremongering on here. I’ve always come here for an escape, excitement and fun, but there’s very little of that seemingly right now and it even spills onto the threads which aren’t about Coronavirus (of which there are already too many).  The way it’s going, I may just fully opt out until much closer to the festival.

Anyone else feel similar, or is it just me?

One way to cut the Coronavirus chat down is to STOP STARTING THREADS ABOUT IT!!!!

• Upvote 2

I got frustrated with all the virus threads last night so I deliberately bumped a load of other threads to try to push as many as possible off the page but now we have another .... I would love the forum to be much more about the build up though as this is where we get lots of exciting threads coming through ... if it doesnt happen then so be it ... but we are missing out here 

The build up is always a messy mix of hopes, expectations, disappointments and abrupt posting, never more than in the month prior to balance payments, as we're all anxiously awaiting the year's poster drop.

Coronavirus is just the story of the 2020 build up. Yes, it's heightened with an added uncertainty, but whatever will happen, will happen. I'd rather be amongst my brethren on eFests than impose some kind of digital self-isolation on myself, and spend my evenings without the community this place provides, even if it can be sharp at times.

is this topic a paradox? :P

I really don't think this topic is necessary, is it?

I'm sure we'd all much rather there was no chat about anything perhaps spoiling the festival, but it's out there and it might. Talking about the crisis and how it might pan out onto festivals is rather inevitable for a discussion forum about festivals.

If you're not interested in reading those topics they're easy enough to avoid.