Coronavirus - are you worried?

4 minutes ago, Dukey said:

R&L is over 2 months after IOW and Download, there's still hope.

Granted, it's probably the festival that has the most chance of going ahead. With Slam Dunk rescheduling to early September, it's not all bad. Fingers, toes, arms and everything crossed this situation is better by then.

2 hours ago, Dukey said:

R&L is over 2 months after IOW and Download, there's still hope.

Most artists are rescheduling their tours until next year. Moving to September etc is actually a massive risk financially because there is no indication at all things will be alright by then.

One of the UK chief medical officers is saying we could be in a permanent partial lockdown for at least 6 months before things go back to normal (but this could be longer) no way is any festival taking place here this summer

which is shit to say because Reading is always my highlight of the summer 

the virus is supposed to peak within the next 2-3 weeks which also supports the concept that we are 2-3 weeks behind Italy as Italy appears to have peaked.I wouldn't be shocked if it were cancelled however lots of artists are rearranging to August so its definitely more likely than if it were July. Scientist projections indicate certain measures will be softened by mid may leaving over 3 months till the fest. R+L's lack of social media posting recently is worrying though.

Even if festivals do go ahead this year there will be a drop offs from the usual attendance numbers they get with people's fear of the virus, I wouldn't be surprised if the acts themselves cancel, and with the margin on festivals being fairly small I don't think most companies would want to risk it.

7 hours ago, BTBadger66 said:

the virus is supposed to peak within the next 2-3 weeks which also supports the concept that we are 2-3 weeks behind Italy as Italy appears to have peaked.I wouldn't be shocked if it were cancelled however lots of artists are rearranging to August so its definitely more likely than if it were July. Scientist projections indicate certain measures will be softened by mid may leaving over 3 months till the fest. R+L's lack of social media posting recently is worrying though.

I don’t mean this in the wrong way but they reported 732 deaths yesterday instead of the usual 800 odd. It’s a dip but it’s by no means close to being over. 700 - 800 daily deaths will lock a country in quarantine for the foreseeable future.

• 3 weeks later...

Government has just advised current guidelines mean dont book either uk or foreign holidays for summer and transport secretary has advised against booking any for later this year.  I reckon that is a big an indicator as anything that everything will be cancelled this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Although it may not make a difference to the outcome of this year, if Boris wasn't such a twat the UK wouldn't be in the shit it is with this.

100%

• Upvote 1