Coronavirus - are you worried?

On 3/14/2020 at 4:23 PM, Traher666 said:

I'm actually hoping that if they ban large gatherings (say over 1000), we are going to get swathes of big bands playing in 100-1000 cap venues, proper underplays.  

Honestly that would be pretty fucking cool. Its unlikely though, but I'd like to hope near the end that a big name band might announce a last minute show that size.

Still bigger scale than Austria, which just announced its banning gatherings bigger than 5 people.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Honestly that would be pretty fucking cool. Its unlikely though, but I'd like to hope near the end that a big name band might announce a last minute show that size.

Still bigger scale than Austria, which just announced its banning gatherings bigger than 5 people.

would be cool but cant see many massive acts risking there health to play such tiny shows when the demand to see them when they return will be off the charts offsetting lost revenue now . If i was wealthy id be self isolating in my mansion till this was over .

9 hours ago, biggest032 said:

Yes of course they are , this is to  suppress the rate of infection so the nhs is not overwhelmed . They want to flatten the curve so to speak and delay the peak . The approach of china and now south korea has been to kill the curve with aggressive measures and mass testing as early as possible to isolate and kill the virus in the country , Korea has done an incredible job . Italy is trying to but was late to react so is in for a long haul but will get there in a couple of months most likely  .  Our policy is different but will still contain big events and schools being shut at the appropriate time to try to manage the situation.  We would of already done this like Ireland have if we wanted to kill and isolate the virus . 

We are actually responding to this Early.

Then school will close this week.

13 hours ago, biggest032 said:

would be cool but cant see many massive acts risking there health to play such tiny shows when the demand to see them when they return will be off the charts offsetting lost revenue now . If i was wealthy id be self isolating in my mansion till this was over .

I know. Its a nice idea that is probably gonna be logistically impossible and out of step with many people's practical fears.

Quite a few acts who haven't cancelled shows yet are getting shit thrown at them at present. Can imagine that would come back if some bands tried to do a 100-200 capacity tour while a ban on larger scale shit was ongoing.

Honestly, I think the situation is morphing the wrong way. There was a time when I was sure this would be safe but its getting to a point where I'm not sure this one is a guarantee. It might be that it'll ease off in time for August, but all this talk of a longer-term slowdown doesn't assist that notion.

On 3/16/2020 at 5:30 AM, jj200 said:

We are actually responding to this Early.

Then school will close this week.

is that a joke? our response has been incredibly slow . Only now have they started to really act as new data in from Italy showed the model the gov were using was wrong and in fact there original policy would have resulted in a catastrophic epidemic with at least 270,000 deaths . Now we have moved to keeping it to as few cases as we can similar to say Singapore who only a few days ago launched a scathing criticism of our lack of action and policies . The slow response and lost time has assured thousands possibly tens of thousands will sadly die .

1 minute ago, biggest032 said:

is that a joke? our response has been incredibly slow . Only now have they started to really act as new data in from Italy showed the model the gov were using was wrong and in fact there original policy would have resulted in a catastrophic epidemic with at least 270,000 deaths . Now we have moved to keeping it to as few cases as we can similar to say Singapore who only a few days ago launched a scathing criticism of our lack of action and policies . The slow response and lost time has assured thousands possibly tens of thousands will sadly die .

Don’t take all jj’s posts too seriously mate

listen

glastonbury’s (probably) cancelled because it’s in June

reading is right at the end of august

if the government put a ban on mass events and implement social distancing, it’ll be for a few months yes but it will more than likely stop in mid july/early august, meaning reading would technically still be able to go ahead, touchwood

i don’t want to be optimistic but i don’t want to give up hope completely. then again i probably should so i can avoid being disappointed lmfao 

heard something not good

I've heard that Rage will no longer come to Europe in 2020.  They will do Coachella and a couple of US shows at the end of this year.

My guess is the rumour they were planning on coming to europe (again) in 2021 is probably true, and they are delaying the European leg into 2021. 

Edited by Matt42

Even if reading did lose rage which would suck and more of its international acts think it will be quite a while till they decided to cancel it . If they get the all clear to go ahead say mid July it could be one hell of a party after everything else has been axed . Just get in some British acts to replace those who pulled out and have one big old knees up . By the way if this is not under control by the time of reading this country could be in line for a very dark winter . 

honestly at this point I think the government need to start taking more drastic measures. 

Although China has seemingly turned it around in 50 or so days, they took absolute extreme measures to halt the virus. If we feasibly want anything to go ahead looking toward the later end of summer the government will need to start taking more drastic measures, in which, at this point are no where to be seen. 

45 minutes ago, biggest032 said:

Even if reading did lose rage which would suck and more of its international acts think it will be quite a while till they decided to cancel it . If they get the all clear to go ahead say mid July it could be one hell of a party after everything else has been axed . Just get in some British acts to replace those who pulled out and have one big old knees up . By the way if this is not under control by the time of reading this country could be in line for a very dark winter . 

from what it sounds like Rage are having to cancel their shows right up till the end of July. This is essentially half of their American tour. Their plan is to do Coachella in October so it's likely that the American dates will just be pushed back to late Summer, and the European dates rescheduled for 2021. 

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

from what it sounds like Rage are having to cancel their shows right up till the end of July. This is essentially half of their European tour. Their plan is to do Coachella in October so it's likely that the American dates will just be pushed back to late Summer, and the European dates rescheduled for 2021. 

they COULD just open the tour with reading 

that would be sick

27 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

honestly at this point I think the government need to start taking more drastic measures. 

Although China has seemingly turned it around in 50 or so days, they took absolute extreme measures to halt the virus. If we feasibly want anything to go ahead looking toward the later end of summer the government will need to start taking more drastic measures, in which, at this point are no where to be seen. 

the problem china is going to face is a second wave. They can't just let everyone back into society immediately, they have to do it gradually. Otherwise there will be another outbreak and it will just get bad again. 

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

the problem china is going to face is a second wave. They can't just let everyone back into society immediately, they have to do it gradually. Otherwise there will be another outbreak and it will just get bad again. 

oh 100%, if there not careful it certainly could backfire.

the fact our government though hasn't straight up banned large-scale events and international travel, and other basic things that should have been banned in order to prevent the spread of infection, certainly seems to suggest we're going to be in this for the long haul 

Edited by dum surfer

9 hours ago, defender4 said:

listen

glastonbury’s (probably) cancelled because it’s in June

reading is right at the end of august

if the government put a ban on mass events and implement social distancing, it’ll be for a few months yes but it will more than likely stop in mid july/early august, meaning reading would technically still be able to go ahead, touchwood

i don’t want to be optimistic but i don’t want to give up hope completely. then again i probably should so i can avoid being disappointed lmfao 

the current measures are based on modelling of a lock down until mid-September, with the virus at it's very worst in November. That says to me that the lock-down is going to go beyond September. :( 

As they get more data the modelling output might change but it doesn't look hopeful at the moment.

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the current measures are based on modelling of a lock down until mid-September, with the virus at it's very worst in November. That says to me that the lock-down is going to go beyond September. :( 

As they get more data the modelling output might change but it doesn't look hopeful at the moment.

shit then

i guess we’ll wait and see then, tonight boris is supposed to be announcing a few more laws. i guess we’ll have to see how good they are

either way, F

7395EE5F-609A-433B-9133-95AC052577AB.jpeg

Edited by defender4

7 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Seems odd them announcing the lineup last week and then just cancelling it

The situation is evolving every day. It seems like that was the pencilled in announcement day for a while, and they decided to still go ahead with it whilst the festival was still officially on. A lot has changed in the days since, making it impossible for the festival to go ahead.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn