Coronavirus - are you worried?

9 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I’m much more worried about Glasto currently. Hoping it would’ve blown over enough by R&L but we never know. Currently spending every day in the Glasto Corona thread with my anxiety through the roof at the likeliness of it being called off.

Yeah same, first year I’ve managed to get tickets I’d be gutted if it’s cancelled. 

But the may/june fests will be at the biggest risk, hopefully the government can get it contained and hopefully all will be fine

If China can do it, we can. RandL should be fine August is a long time. I reckon May festivals cancelled, probably most of June's, especially the earlier June ones, July depends and August should be fine.

If I get a rollover Glasto ticket and I can see Rage I wont be as disappointed, about nine other events I am going to would be cancelled though.

14 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Yeah same, first year I’ve managed to get tickets I’d be gutted if it’s cancelled. 

But the may/june fests will be at the biggest risk, hopefully the government can get it contained and hopefully all will be fine

Thats a lot of hope to put in the current government. We have half the intensive care beds as Italy and theirs are completely full...

Anyway, the Killers is my imminent threat - i will sacrifice that any day of the week for glastonbury. I think its the acts cancelling on them that they need to be worried about more than the virus itself honestly.

8 hours ago, gfa said:

Thats a lot of hope to put in the current government. We have half the intensive care beds as Italy and theirs are completely full...

Oh yeah i know haha, the government has been absolutely useless so far, I’m just trying to be optimistic for Glasto. I mean the government are incompetent, apparently all the people coming back from Italy weren’t even screened at airport’s or told to self isolate

But if whats happening in China is actually true and the rate of infection is slowing down, maybe its possible

Have no clue why this has hit Italy so hard though

On 3/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, dum surfer said:

Oh yeah i know haha, the government has been absolutely useless so far, I’m just trying to be optimistic for Glasto. I mean the government are incompetent, apparently all the people coming back from Italy weren’t even screened at airport’s or told to self isolate

But if whats happening in China is actually true and the rate of infection is slowing down, maybe its possible

Have no clue why this has hit Italy so hard though

I don't buy whats happening in China honestly but I hope its true. We need a big peak now so everything else can go ahead really. Italy was just the first to get it for whatever reason and it spread first as a result. Germany and France are at over 1000 cases each now in a week they will be like Italy.

Thats true about Italians, at uni a friend had some of his friends from Italy come over last weekend and none of them were isolated or anything.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I don't buy whats happening in China honestly but I hope its true. We need a big peak now so everything else can go ahead really. Italy was just the first to get it for whatever reason and it spread first as a result. Germany and France are at over 1000 cases each now in a week they will be like Italy.

Thats true about Italians, at uni a friend had some of his friends from Italy come over last weekend and none of them were isolated or anything.

Yeah unfortunately you can’t trust any information coming out of China, but, hopefully it’s true. 

Honestly I’m just shocked, I got to uni in London everyday and at the moment it just seems like business as usual, it seems like the government at this point haven’t really done anything to try and halt it

I think May Festivals/Gigs and early June Festivals/Gigs are most at risk. I'm looking at This is Tomorrow, All Points East, Slam Dunk and Download potentially being affected. Big Weekend has already been cancelled, and I think it won't be the last.

I genuinely think that R+L will be fine. Hopefully the worst has passed by then, and we can all proceed to let out a lot of pent up anger by booting each other in the pit to 'Bullet In The Head', as one poster put it.

1 hour ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I think May Festivals/Gigs and early June Festivals/Gigs are most at risk. I'm looking at This is Tomorrow, All Points East, Slam Dunk and Download potentially being affected. Big Weekend has already been cancelled, and I think it won't be the last.

I genuinely think that R+L will be fine. Hopefully the worst has passed by then, and we can all proceed to let out a lot of pent up anger by booting each other in the pit to 'Bullet In The Head', as one poster put it.

That was me and I sincerely hope I still get to do that it’s really keeping me going knowing that that’s hopefully at the end of all this haha. Think with it being late summer it should be alright, however the idea of big American acts pulling out because of the whole situation is another beast entirely.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheWaters said:

That was me and I sincerely hope I still get to do that it’s really keeping me going knowing that that’s hopefully at the end of all this haha. Think with it being late summer it should be alright, however the idea of big American acts pulling out because of the whole situation is another beast entirely.

Haha, couldn't remember your username for the life of me. Me and you both, haven't been this excited for a festival/gig in a while, the chance to see Rage is so exciting. Rage themselves have said they are resuming their tour in June time (could all change admittedly). Feel like there will be a few dropouts, but I don't think (touch wood) it will be hit too badly.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 11:31 AM, gfa said:

as if one of these threads wasn't enough :( I reckon R&L should be okay, if its stopped spreading by May which based on China it should have then we'll be all good.

zero chance we are following a very different strategy  . China used aggressive measures to try to stamp it out . We are letting it spread at a controlled pace , will be 6 months at least .

3 hours ago, biggest032 said:

zero chance we are following a very different strategy  . China used aggressive measures to try to stamp it out . We are letting it spread at a controlled pace , will be 6 months at least .

For now - hour ago on itv a 4 month ban for 70+ year olds on leaving their homes may come into effect. Seems like the government is taking a U turn due to all the outcry to me. Lets hope.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

For now - hour ago on itv a 4 month ban for 70+ year olds on leaving their homes may come into effect. Seems like the government is taking a U turn due to all the outcry to me. Lets hope.

they want to protect the elderly and vulnerable from getting it , to not do this would be abhorrent .  This is still in line with there original policy and the  idea of herd immunity . You basically protect the vulnerable members of the herd while the healthy ones build up immunity by catching the virus . Thus eventually its very hard for the virus to ever spread and the vulnerable can return to society . Now this is usually done safely with a vaccine , not with a virus that we know little about . I also fear we will not be able to protect the people we need to and many many thousands are going to die , if not hundreds of thousands . China meanwhile banned everyone from going outside to try to eradicate it entirely and its working   . I much prefer the China approach and think every country should at least try but we have not gone down this route . Its why the government wanted big events to still go ahead and schools to remain open as we are not trying to eradicate this virus quickly like the rest of the world . they will shut these eventually to stop the nhs being overwhelmed and then manage the outbreak with the intention of it being over if successful by the end of the summer . Im quite frankly terrified of the people at the top of this government and there advisers . 

12 hours ago, biggest032 said:

they want to protect the elderly and vulnerable from getting it , to not do this would be abhorrent .  This is still in line with there original policy and the  idea of herd immunity . You basically protect the vulnerable members of the herd while the healthy ones build up immunity by catching the virus . Thus eventually its very hard for the virus to ever spread and the vulnerable can return to society . Now this is usually done safely with a vaccine , not with a virus that we know little about . I also fear we will not be able to protect the people we need to and many many thousands are going to die , if not hundreds of thousands . China meanwhile banned everyone from going outside to try to eradicate it entirely and its working   . I much prefer the China approach and think every country should at least try but we have not gone down this route . Its why the government wanted big events to still go ahead and schools to remain open as we are not trying to eradicate this virus quickly like the rest of the world . they will shut these eventually to stop the nhs being overwhelmed and then manage the outbreak with the intention of it being over if successful by the end of the summer . Im quite frankly terrified of the people at the top of this government and there advisers . 

I agree with you - but you have to consider what happens when china reopens its borders. People will start travelling again and they could so easily get reinfected?

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

I agree with you - but you have to consider what happens when china reopens its borders. People will start travelling again and they could so easily get reinfected?

china forcing all international visitors to go into quarantine now  . And it will never get as out of hand as it did in the first place there so say worst case scenario they have to do small scale lock downs for a few weeks at a time max around the country for the next 12-18 months until  there is a vaccine available .  This just seems a much better way to mange the situation than letting thousands die . Singapore has very few cases  , We already have more deaths than Japan , these countries saw how serious this is and have taken tough early action .  Its all important stuff and id encourage people to be aware and hold government to account whatever each persons own opinion is on how to handle this .  

1 hour ago, biggest032 said:

china forcing all international visitors to go into quarantine now  . And it will never get as out of hand as it did in the first place there so say worst case scenario they have to do small scale lock downs for a few weeks at a time max around the country for the next 12-18 months until  there is a vaccine available .  This just seems a much better way to mange the situation than letting thousands die . Singapore has very few cases  , We already have more deaths than Japan , these countries saw how serious this is and have taken tough early action .  Its all important stuff and id encourage people to be aware and hold government to account whatever each persons own opinion is on how to handle this .  

But they are going to ban mass gatherings.

3 hours ago, jj200 said:

But they are going to ban mass gatherings.

Yes of course they are , this is to  suppress the rate of infection so the nhs is not overwhelmed . They want to flatten the curve so to speak and delay the peak . The approach of china and now south korea has been to kill the curve with aggressive measures and mass testing as early as possible to isolate and kill the virus in the country , Korea has done an incredible job . Italy is trying to but was late to react so is in for a long haul but will get there in a couple of months most likely  .  Our policy is different but will still contain big events and schools being shut at the appropriate time to try to manage the situation.  We would of already done this like Ireland have if we wanted to kill and isolate the virus .