Coincidence or is Glastonbury going to be cancelled

Cheddar Valley

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah they have spoken since. After they both wrap up these tours then we can suggest it, but not right now.

Well I could see them doing Glastonbury are some point out of vanity, but only as part of a wider reunion that would net them £££££. They aren’t just going to randomly reform to do Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

that reads better :) 

2020 - it’s a load of rubbish. We know the headliners.

A early 2021 agreement? Heck maybe. Both should be done with these tours they are on now. A headliner that has either played or headlined before.. they fit that mould until something knocks them out. Rage, MCR, and Genesis have all reformed this year. Don’t count anything out unless it’s factually impossible.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Not sure I follow, but headliners have been saved for the poster more often than not. Kendrick has dates he is trying to sell so I imagine it will be kept under wraps

I thought you suggested The Cure and then apologised because you saw the "or not that interesting" part? That's how it read anyway....unintentionally hilarious for someone who find The Cure "not that interesting"

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I won’t tolerate oasis chat when we know the last headliner is Kendrick :P 

While I am fairly certain the remaining headliner is Kendrick, I do hope there are some really WTF surprises when the poster drops. Everything seems so certain now. Pyramid headliners,  WH headliners and at least 2/3 Other headliners seemingly nailed on*. Is that normal? We're so close to poster drop day that I guess we usually do have a lot of intel by now, but it still seems like we have a much broader consensus than other years

*This a term I never used before Efestivals!

Edited by Sasperella

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

While I am fairly certain the remaining headliner is Kendrick, I do hope there are some really WTF surprises when the poster drops. Everything seems to certain now. Pyramid headliners,  WH headliners and at least 2/3 Other headliners seemingly nailed on*. Is that normal? We're so close to poster drop day that I guess we usually do have a lot of intel by now, but it still seems like we have a much broader consensus than other years

id also say thing seem lots more sewn up ... hopefully until the poster drops 

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I thought you suggested The Cure and then apologised because you saw the "or not that interesting" part? That's how it read anyway....unintentionally hilarious for someone who find The Cure "not that interesting"

Oh no I meant that the Cure announced a European festival tour in like September 2018 without a U.K. date but they still weren’t announced until March with the poster. It was bang on obvious but it didn’t mean it was announced early.

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

While I am fairly certain the remaining headliner is Kendrick, I do hope there are some really WTF surprises when the poster drops. Everything seems so certain now. Pyramid headliners,  WH headliners and at least 2/3 Other headliners seemingly nailed on*. Is that normal? We're so close to poster drop day that I guess we usually do have a lot of intel by now, but it still seems like we have a much broader consensus than other years

My guess is because Kendrick and Taylor were sewn up quite early, as they both probably agreed to headline on their next tour - quite a bit of the lineup has probably been fixed for some time.

There is always one headliner which they seem to chase for a bit. However, this year it seems like it was Paul and he probably agreed earlier than they thought he would.

I think this is just one rare year where most of the top slots were locked in rather early. Lana was supposedly one of the first acts to put pen to paper (as Emily said) so it seems like this lineup is just a bit of a rarity. Most years we get to March without a clue who the third headliner is.

We still have a pyramid sub missing. Judging by the calibre of acts this year I think it will be more ambitious than elbow :P 

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Well I could see them doing Glastonbury are some point out of vanity, but only as part of a wider reunion that would net them £££££. They aren’t just going to randomly reform to do Glastonbury.

I’ve been casually wondering for a while now if the other brother will show up for Noel’s set, or if both will show up and do a guest slot together during McCartney. Which will then lead to some kind of reunion announcement for 2021.

That fits all these rumors nicely together. The ones of an Oasis reunion while keeping Kendrick as a headliner plus the numerous hints of “big surprises” during Paul McCartney and/or the 50th in general.

I know none of us are really going to know what goes on behind the scenes but the fact liam started tweeting about Noel's family in a negative way has pretty much put any kibosh on a reunion any time soon. Would be different if they were not dping ok but both seem happy where they are. In theiam documentary he seemed to want it a bit but that was before his success of second album.  Bit led zeppelin like - jimmy page would reform and has done stuff similarto what he is famous for(liam)- robert plant is happy doing his own thing that while has some nods to his past is actually quite a way away from what he is famous for (noel).

37 minutes ago, assorted said:

I’ve been casually wondering for a while now if the other brother will show up for Noel’s set, or if both will show up and do a guest slot together during McCartney. Which will then lead to some kind of reunion announcement for 2021.

That fits all these rumors nicely together. The ones of an Oasis reunion while keeping Kendrick as a headliner plus the numerous hints of “big surprises” during Paul McCartney and/or the 50th in general.

Liam has played the last 2 glasto’s and Noel as far as I am aware attends nearly every year whether he is playing or not. I can’t see why it would be any different next year if we are to assume that NG is taking a big slot this year as the forums suggest. 

I was hopeful of that happening and in my head it seemed highly likely but the truth of it is you won’t see them on stage together unless it’s for an ungodly sum of money for their gigantic show in a stadium/park or for something along the lines of BST. That’s my take on it anyway, stubborn brothers who don’t talk to each other why would they suddenly break out into song together this ain’t a musical.

21 hours ago, henry bear said:

I can't believe the Michael would unilaterally cancel the festival when others aren't, just days after issuing a statement that the festival, as things stand, would proceed. In fact I'd be surprised if they cancelled at all unless the government banned such events. I did wonder if they had wind of the fact that foreign acts were likely to be cancelling European tours en masse, but Lady GaGa's recent announcement suggests otherwise. Perhaps he's got beef with the farmer in question and doesn't want to use his land

Where's this statement? Must have missed it.

6 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Liam has played the last 2 glasto’s and Noel as far as I am aware attends nearly every year whether he is playing or not. I can’t see why it would be any different next year if we are to assume that NG is taking a big slot this year as the forums suggest. 

I was hopeful of that happening and in my head it seemed highly likely but the truth of it is you won’t see them on stage together unless it’s for an ungodly sum of money for their gigantic show in a stadium/park or for something along the lines of BST. That’s my take on it anyway, stubborn brothers who don’t talk to each other why would they suddenly break out into song together this ain’t a musical.

Precisely because of the cheezy musical vibe of it is why it would work nicely on the BBC coverage as a way of announcing a reunion that would pay them lots of money.

Not that I'm seriously arguing for this, it's just already been in the back of my head starting when Noel got rumored, then when he got placed on Pyramid before McCartney, then when Emily says "big surprises during McCartney," and now this Oasis reunion rumor thread smuggled inside a Coronavirus thread. 

I agree it's kinda insane but I also would have said Aerosmith popping up to play a non-headline slot in the middle of the afternoon for a fiver also sounds insane and that appears to be happening so why not? 

Just now, assorted said:

Precisely because of the cheezy musical vibe of it is why it would work nicely on the BBC coverage as a way of announcing a reunion that would pay them lots of money.

Not that I'm seriously arguing for this, it's just already been in the back of my head starting when Noel got rumored, then when he got placed on Pyramid before McCartney, then when Emily says "big surprises during McCartney," and now this Oasis reunion rumor thread smuggled inside a Coronavirus thread. 

I agree it's kinda insane but I also would have said Aerosmith popping up to play a non-headline slot in the middle of the afternoon for a fiver also sounds insane and that appears to be happening so why not? 

yep apologies for smuggling it away ... my initial post seemed to be a good response to the OP .... and I didnt think it deserved a thread due to its nature of being secondhand ..... if id heard direct it might well have been different 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep apologies for smuggling it away ... my initial post seemed to be a good response to the OP .... and I didnt think it deserved a thread due to its nature of being secondhand ..... if id heard direct it might well have been different 

I'm very happy you did that and am trying to help steer this thread away with you. The Coronavirus threads are such crazy downers on here and I come here for happy escape! 🙂

1 minute ago, assorted said:

I'm very happy you did that and am trying to help steer this thread away with you. The Coronavirus threads are such crazy downers on here and I come here for happy escape! 🙂

yep although I post in them I think its time that it just had the one thread for sure .... unless we had a massive change its time we moved on with some of the pleasurable aspects of efests like the weather thread :) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

If you believe both of their documentaries they haven’t spoken to, or seen each other since they split after that Paris gig. I’d imagine they get ridiculous offers on a daily basis from various promoters to reform, there is no way they would suddenly just reunite completely out of the blue to play Glastonbury.

I think both their solo careers are doing pretty well at the moment. I can only see them re-forming if one or both hit the skids and they need the money. It’s basically their pension and they won’t want to cash it in too early.

18 hours ago, assorted said:

She said big surprises, she never said during macca unless I've missed something 

They very obviously don’t get on Liam and Noel. It’s not some grand master plan to make even more money. They’re already both wadded beyond belief. They might reform one day, it’ll be for the money and they’ll make a fucking fortune. Let’s not kid ourselves they’ll reform just for Glastonbury honestly get a grip.

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

They very obviously don’t get on Liam and Noel. It’s not some grand master plan to make even more money. They’re already both wadded beyond belief. They might reform one day, it’ll be for the money and they’ll make a fucking fortune. Let’s not kid ourselves they’ll reform just for Glastonbury honestly get a grip.

Agreed, it’ll happen eventually, I’m certain of it. But it’s not coming any time soon. When it does it’ll be the highly lucrative stadium shows first, then Glastonbury a year or two later.